Scroll down to watch the video.
My kids love a bowl of chocolate chip oatmeal for breakfast and their mama loves finding creative ways to give this breakfast a nutritional boost.
Here’s what I do:
- I cook the oats in the microwave for three minutes (if you are anti-microwave, you can also do this on the stovetop).
- Remove, and slowly stir in some egg whites. Not only do the egg whites add an extra kick of protein to the oats but they also make them super creamy. #winwin Just be sure to add them slowly so they don’t scramble.
- Then back in the microwave for one minute. They should be super creamy and yummy when they are done.
- Stir in some coconut oil and cinnamon. The extra healthy fats keep the kids full longer and I like that the coconut oil and cinnamon help to support immunity as well. As far as I’m concerned, kids can never have too many immunity boosters!
- Top with your favorite toppings. In this case, chocolate chips. But I also love fresh berries and nuts or nut butter swirled in.