Easy fish tacos are quick to make and packed with flavor. Layer simply seasoned Mahi Mahi over a crunchy slaw and topped with the best fish taco sauce ever, these tacos promise to create a party in your mouth.
How Do You Easy Fish Tacos?
This fish taco recipe is SUPER easy! Just a few simple steps and you’re well on your way to a delicious, healthy dinner.
- Heat tortillas in a dry skillet until warm and starting to form small brown spots. Set aside.
- Blend garlic, cilantro, lime, jalapenos yogurt and salt to make the best taco sauce ever.
- Combine sliced cabbage, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, olive oil and salt for the crunchy slaw.
- Season the fish with salt, pepper and smoked paprika.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet and cook fish for 2-3 minutes on both sides until cooked through.
- Assemble tacos with cabbage slaw, fish, and creamy cilantro tacos sauce. Enjoy!
More Taco Recipes To Try
Thanks so much for reading! You can watch the video down below and if you make this recipe I would love for you to give it a ★ rating below. Be sure to follow me on YouTube, Instagram, and FaceBook for more healthy food inspiration!
Easy Fish Tacos
Jalapeno Cilantro Taco Sauce
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapenos
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup red onion thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/2 lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- pinch kosher salt
- 1 pound mahi mahi
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 corn tortillas
Jalapeno Cilantro Taco Sauce
- Combine garlic, pickled jalapenos, lime juice, yogurt and salt in a NutriBullet or food processor* and blend until you have a bright, creamy sauce.
- In a large bowl combine cabbage, onion, cilantro, lime juice, olive oil and salt. Gently toss everything together and set aside.
- Using a sharp knife, carefully remove the skin from the fish.
- Cut mahi mahi in half horizontally and then slice into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Season both side of the fish with salt, pepper and smoked paprika.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet and add olive oil to lightly coat the pan. Place fish in the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on the first side or until the fish is beginning to turn opaque from the bottom up.
- Flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes or until cooked through. Give the fish a big squish of fresh lime and transfer to a plate.
- Heat tortillas, one at a time, over an open flame on your stove top to give them a charred flavor.
- Layer slaw on the bottom of the tortilla. Top with a few pieces of fish and a drizzle of taco sauce. Serve and enjoy!
- I prefer a NutriBullet for the sauce. You can use a food processor or blender but it may not pulverize all of the ingredients.
- You can prep the taco sauce and slaw ahead of time to make meal time even easier.
- Serve with sliced radishes and extra cilantro for even more flavor and texture.