Quinoa has steadily grown in popularity over the past ten years, and with good reason.
It’s a high protein, quick cooking grain (technically it’s a seed) that is light, fluffy, and works pretty much anywhere you would normally use rice or a small pasta.
I LOVE using it to make simple salads, just like this Quinoa and Asparagus Salad with Feta Cheese.
The secret to keeping things quick, is to cook the quinoa a head of time. This way you have it ready to grab and go when you are ready to whip up your salad.
Want to learn more about quinoa?
Looking for some more easy quinoa recipes? Check this out:
- Kale and Quinoa Salad
- Asian Quinoa Salad
- Tomato Feta Quinoa Salad
- Mango Black Bean Quinoa Salad
- Minty Pea Quinoa Salad
- Protein Packed Quinoa Salad
Asparagus Quinoa Salad with Feta Cheese
Yield: 4-6 servings
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:0 minutes
Total Time:15 minutes
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 cups cooked quinoa, cooked according to the package
- 1 can low sodium chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions, (about 3 scallions)
- 2 ounces feta cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre heat oven to 400
- Place the asparagus on a rimmed baking sheet and toss with 1 teaspoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Pop in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until tender. The thickness of your asparagus will determine how long it needs to cook for. Cool and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- In a small bowl, combine the rest of the olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper and which together. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine cooked quinoa, chickpeas, scallions, and asparagus.
- Drizzle the dressing over the top and gently toss everything together. Adjust seasonings if needed.
- Transfer into a serving bowl and top with crumbled feta cheese. Serve and enjoy!
Nutrients per serving (3/4 cup): Calories: 226; Total Fat: 8.9g; Saturated Fat: 1.9g; Cholesterol: 5mg; Sodium 175mg, Carbohydrate: 29.9g; Dietary Fiber: 5.4g; Sugars: 3g; Protein: 8.3g