Scroll down to watch the step by step.
Wanna know a dirty little secret?
I got this recipe from the back of my Trader Joe’s flax meal bag (verbatim!).
They’re just so easy and so good, I saw no reason to tweak or adjust.
These little bites have a good bit of fiber, protein, and heart healthy omega 3 fatty acids so they are a great way to satisfy a sweet tooth while giving your body a healthy boost of energy as well.
I like them with a cup of afternoon coffee and my kids just love them packed inside their lunch boxes!
No Bake OatmealEnergy Balls
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup flax seed meal aka ground flax seeds
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sized bowl and mix well.
- Roll about 1 tbsp. of the dough between your palms to form a small bowl. Place on a plate or rimmed baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper (or sprayed with cooking spray) and freeze for one hour. Enjoy!
- I usually transfer to an airtight container and store them in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.
- Makes 20 balls.