These Frozen Banana Snack Bars are easy to make, nutrient-rich and incredibly delicious. They taste just like a snickers candy bar, and will satisfy your sugar cravings without feeling any guilt.
Need a quick snack after school or want a healthy guilt-free dessert recipe? Make these Frozen Banana Snickers! They could become your new favorite dessert. They have certainly become my daughter’s! She’s been making them for us all summer long.
These are easy to make, tasty, healthy, and bursting with nutty banana flavor. The best way to satisfy your sweet tooth and the perfect cool, refreshing treat for summer and beyond.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Healthy: This frozen banana snack bar is a more nutritious (but equally delicious) substitute for the traditional snickers bar that’s loaded with calories.
- Easy and quick: These are super simple to make with just 6 basic ingredients. And you only need about 15 minutes of hands-on time to assemble them.
- No cooking required: The most cooking that you’ll have to do is melt the chocolate in the microwave. It’s so easy!
- Delicious: You will love how absolutely wonderful these banana bars taste. Satisfies that sweet tooth without the guilt.
This easy frozen banana recipe has a short list of ingredients consisting of things you probably already have in your kitchen. Here’s the lineup:
- Bananas: Two large bananas are needed for this recipe. Choose bananas that are ripe but still firm. If they’re not ripe enough, they won’t be very tasty. If they’re too ripe, they will get mushy.
- Peanut butter: The taste of peanut butter is perfect with chocolate and bananas, but feel free to use any nut butters like almond butter, cashew butter or sunflower seed butter.
- Dry roasted peanuts: For added crunch and nutty flavor! If you have a peanut allergy, you can sub with chopped almonds, cashews or sunflower seeds.
- Chocolate chips: We typically use dark chocolate, but you can use semi-sweet chocolate or even white chocolate. To keep these bars vegan and dairy free, choose a chocolate without dairy.
- Coconut oil: Mixed with the chocolate so it will melt and set easier. Use unrefined coconut oil to avoid the coconut taste.
- Sea salt: To balance out the sweetness and really bring out all of the flavors.
How to make this recipe
This recipe is really straightforward with no baking or cooking required. Here’s the simple method:
For the full, printable recipe see the recipe card.
- Prep: Line a quarter sheet pan with parchment paper; set aside. Peel and slice each banana in half lengthwise, and then horizontally.
- Add peanut butter and chopped nuts: Evenly spread peanut butter amongst all eight banana pieces and sprinkle half of the chopped peanuts over top. Pop in the freezer for 45 minutes to set up.
- Melt chocolate: Combine chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small microwave safe bowl and microwave on low in 20 second intervals until melted, stir well.
- Finish assembling bars: Drizzle half the melted chocolate over the peanut butter, top with remaining peanuts and then drizzle the remaining chocolate over the top.
- Freeze to set: Place in freezer for 2 hours or until set and enjoy. Transfer remaining bars into an airtight container and store in the freezer for up to one month.
Tips for recipe success
- For best results, we recommend using ripe bananas that are still hard to touch or when you bite into them. Overly soft bananas will not work well for this recipe.
- If you’re looking for chocolate chips with lower sugar, Lily’s chocolate has a stevia-sweetened chocolate chip option. They are a great high-quality chocolate chip that I definitely would recommend.
- Frozen banana snacks should be kept in the freezer. They will “sweat” at room temperature and the chocolate can start melting if too warm.
- Feel free to leave these at room temperature for about 10 minutes before eating, so they are not extra cold when biting into them.
Once frozen, keep them in an airtight container in the freezer for up to about one month.
More healthy desserts to try
- Healthy Blondie Recipe
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2-Minute Chocolate Mug Cake
- Gluten Free Carrot Cake
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries
If you make and enjoy these snack bars, be sure to leave a comment and ★ rating below letting me know how they turned out. Your feedback is so helpful for me and our Clean & Delicious community (thank you!).
Frozen Banana Snack Bars
- 2 large bananas
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts chopped
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1.5 tsp coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Line a quarter sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside. Peel and slice each banana in half lengthwise, and then horizontally.
- Evenly spread peanut butter amongst all eight banana pieces and sprinkle half of the chopped peanuts over top. Pop in the freezer for 45 minutes to set up.
- Combine chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small microwave safe bowl and microwave on low in 20 second intervals until melted, stir well. Drizzle half the melted chocolate over the peanut butter, top with remaining peanuts and then drizzle the remaining chocolate over the top.
- Place in freezer for 2 hours or until set and enjoy. Transfer remaining bars into an airtight container and store in the freezer for up to one month.