Scroll down to watch the step-by-step video.
I love knowing I have an easy, delicious, fuel-focused meal, prepared and in the fridge ready to go for a busy week. This recipe is exactly that.
These Turkey Meatloaf Muffins are packed with high-protein ground turkey, fiber-filled oats, lots of veggies, and some egg whites for good measure.
I think it’s fair to say that these little guys are a lean and mean kind-of-muffin (perhaps they will help me grow my muscles!).
I found this recipe on BodyBuilding.com. They were created by fitness model and author, Jamie Eason. Jamie shares lots of her recipes (and videos) here and offers up lots of great tips and insights about healthy cooking. She really focuses on ‘food-for fitness’ so if your working on building a ‘buff-bod’, you definitely want to check her out.
The first time I made these muffins, I pretty much followed the recipe verbatim and they were delish. The only thing I wanted was a little more moisture. So this time around I tweaked a bit.
You can see the original recipe here. And my update version is listed below (and shown in the video).
I really love how portable these muffins are.
I just packed a couple up with some veggies and hummus and I had a quick-on-the go meal ready to go. Yum!
My kids on the other hand LOVE when I top them with some marinara sauce and melted mozzarella (SO good!).
And I think my personal all-time favorite way to enjoy these muffins is crumbled on top of a crunchy kale and cabbage salad!
Clearly you can enjoy these Turkey Muffins many different ways so this is a great recipe to include in your weekly meal prep. Enjoy!
HELPFUL KITCHEN TOOLS:
Turkey Meatloaf Muffins
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 2 chopped cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp. worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 lbs. ground turkey I used 1.5lb. extra lean + .5 lb. dark
- 1/2 cupegg whites
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground chipotle pepper spice
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- Pre heat oven to 375 and spray 12-cup muffin pan with some cooking spray (or coat with a little olive or coconut oil).
- Heat a medium saute pan over a medium high heat and add onion, celery, bell pepper, and garlic. Season with a little salt and pepper and cook for 5-6 minutes until you have the raw edge off of the veggies.
- Stir inworcestershire sauce and chicken broth and cook another 5 minutes until all the veggies are tender and the mixture is heated through. Turn off the heat and allow to cool.
- In the meantime, in a large bowl, combine ground turkey, egg whites, oats, cumin, chipotle spice, garlic powder, black pepper and salt.
- Add in cooked veggies and mix together until everything is well incorporated.
- Roll the mixture into 12 even balls and place each one in greased muffin pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until cooked through. Cool and enjoy!