A warm, hearty bowl of oatmeal is a family favorite in our house and this Pear + Almond Oat Bowl has been on repeat all winter long!
Although, you can easily change up the stir-ins to keep this oatmeal fresh and seasonal. Try playing with apples, berries, raisins, mangoes and/or bananas to keep this breakfast feeling brand new. During the fall season we like to make pumpkin oatmeal and when it warms up outside we all crave strawberry overnight oats or peanut butter banana overnight oats.
A big thanks to Bob’s Red Mill for partnering with me to bring you the 5 easy, healthy breakfast ideas in the video above.
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup of water
- 1/4 cup pastured egg whites
- 1/2 cup chopped pear
- A dash of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or whatever sweetener you prefer
- Place oats and water in a microwave safe bowl and cook in microwave for 1 minute.
- Stir in pastured egg whites, 1/4 cup of chopped pear, and cinnamon. Cook for another minute or until rich and creamy.
- Transfer into your favorite serving bowl and top with more cinnamon, the rest of the pear, almonds and maple syrup. Enjoy!