This Healthy Blondie recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, refined-sugar-free, and vegan friendly! The base is made with chickpeas and almond butter but you’d never know it! It’s a delicious, healthy dessert recipe that you can feel good about eating.
I love finding delicious ways to level-up my favorite desserts. These healthy chickpea blondies are a fun way to enjoy a healthier version of the classics.
It’s easy to do! Recipes like my avocado brownies and banana oatmeal cookies are great examples of how to incorporate nutritious ingredients into your favorite desserts without compromising on flavor.
As a matter of fact, the healthy versions are as delicious as the original recipes (hard to believe, but true!).
How To Make Healthy Blondies
There’s nothing better than a one-bowl-dessert. That’s what I love about this blondie recipe, all of the ingredients go right into a food processor (or blender) and you’re done. Easy-peasy, lemon squeezy.
Here’s what you do:
- Combine chickpeas, almond butter, monk fruit, kosher salt, baking powder, and baking soda in your food processor.
- Blend until you have a thick batter.
- Stir in chocolate chips (be sure to buy dairy-free chocolate chips to keep the recipe 100% vegan).
- Transfer to a greased, 8×8 baking dish.
- Bake at 350 Fº for 30 minutes or fragrant, golden brown, and set through.
- Cool, cut, and enjoy!
What’s the difference between a blondie and brownie?
The main difference between a blondie and a brownie is chocolate.
If you want to make this recipe 100% blondie, swap out the chocolate chips for white chocolate chips.
Are blondies meant to be gooey in the middle?
Yes! That’s the best part. This recipe actually reminds me of a gooey chocolate chip cookie.
And because the recipe is plant based, you can eat the raw dough! It’s 100% safe (and delicious!).
More Clean & Delicious Bar Recipes:
I’d love to know if you make this (or any) recipe! Tag @clean_and_delicious on Instagram and be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy, delicious recipes straight to your inbox.
Healthy Blondie Recipe
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 cup natural almond butter
- 1/3 cup monk fruit*
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips*
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F. Grease an 8×8 baking dish with coconut oil or cooking spray.
- Combine chickpeas, peanut butter, monk fruit, salt, baking soda and baking powder in food processor and pulse until you have a thick batter.
- Sprinkle in chocolate chips and gently stir until distributed throughout the batter (the batter will be thick).
- Transfer into prepared baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes or until fragrant, lightly browned and set through. Cool completely! Cut into 9 squares and enjoy.
- If you don’t have monk fruit, you can substitute any granulated sugar will work.
- Be sure to buy dairy-free chocolate chips if you want to keep the recipe 100% vegan.
- They will be easier to cut if you chill in the fridge first.