Scrambled eggs with hidden cauliflower rice is my new favorite way to eat eggs for breakfast. Simply cook your riced cauliflower in a small sauté pan before stirring in your eggs (or egg whites). Once cooked, finish with some shredded cheese and serve with fresh fruit and toast. This easy, healthy recipe comes together in just 5 minutes and I promise, you can’t even taste the cauliflower.
Are you looking for inspiration for a new healthy, delicious breakfast to enjoy at home? Look no further because I have you covered with this high-protein, nutrient-rich cauliflower eggs recipe. That’s right, scrambled eggs with hidden cauliflower rice are such an easy way to enjoy a satisfying veggie-filled meal! Nutritious, doable and so quick to make, the whole family will enjoy this breakfast recipe. They’ll never even guess there’s cauliflower added to the eggs!
If you’ve tried my blueberry banana cauliflower smoothie or cauliflower oatmeal, then you know that I’m no stranger to adding cauliflower to my morning meal! It’s a great addition to dinner as well – cauliflower taco meat and cauliflower fried rice, are both go-to staples in our home.
Reasons to love this recipe
- Simple to make and cleanup is a breeze! You only need one pan.
- This tasty breakfast is filled with flavor AND nutrients.
- It’s high in protein, so it will keep you satisfied all morning long!
- Super versatile – add in spinach or another veggie and serve with a variety of sides.
You probably have everything needed to make these cauliflower eggs already in your kitchen. Here’s the list:
- Cauliflower rice: We’re combing 3/4 cup cauliflower rice with our eggs to really bulk them up and add extra fiber and volume. I like to use frozen cauliflower rice but you can also make your cauliflower rice from scratch.
- Egg whites & egg: I like to use 1/2 cup egg whites and 1 egg when making this, but feel free to use any combination of egg whites and eggs as you’d like.
- Seasonings: A simple blend of garlic powder, turmeric, salt, and pepper adds plenty of flavors. Other spices and even fresh herbs may be added as you see fit.
- Shredded cheddar cheese: Use cheddar or any other type of cheese you would prefer. There are so many tasty options.
How to make this recipe
This scrambled egg recipe is super simple to whip up and only takes about 10 minutes in total. Here are the simple steps:
- Prep: Heat a small non-stick skillet over medium-low heat and spray with non-aerosol cooking spray.
- Sauté cauliflower: Add cauliflower rice and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and turmeric. Toss everything together and cook until the cauliflower is warmed through (just a couple of minutes).
- Scramble eggs: Whisk together eggs and egg whites, and pour over cauliflower. Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring periodically to create a scramble.
- Add cheese: Once the eggs are just about set through, sprinkle cheese over the top and pop on a lid and cook until the cheese is just melted.
- Serve: Plate the cauliflower eggs with whole grain toast, and fresh fruit, or enjoy this dish on its own!
- For ease, cost, and convenience, we typically just buy riced cauliflower from the grocery store. However, if you’d like to rice your own cauliflower, here’s a guide on how to make cauliflower rice at home. If you buy frozen cauliflower rice, be sure to thaw it before adding it to this recipe.
- The serving size of this recipe is 1 serving. Feel free to double, triple, or even quadruple the recipe, if you’re serving multiple people. Just be sure to use a large enough skillet.
- Be sure to use a non-stick skillet and grease it well with a non-aerosol cooking spray, so that the eggs don’t stick to the pan.
- For best results, enjoy immediately. Scrambled eggs do not store and reheat very well.
Frequently asked questions
Cauliflower rice is especially low in calories and carbs and is rich in nutrients. According to Healthline, it is a popular choice for people trying to lose weight or watch their carb intake.
Mixing cooked cauliflower rice with scrambled eggs adds volume to the eggs and is almost undetectable. They pair very well together for a healthy, filling, tasty breakfast.
Cauliflower is like a blank canvas and can take on any flavor of spice or seasoning that you add to it. Feel free to experiment and add your favorite spices and/or seasonings to this recipe.
Customize this recipe
There are SO many different ways to customize scrambled eggs. Here are some options:
- Protein: (cook and add any of these in with the eggs or serve on the side) ham, breakfast sausage, chicken, chorizo, ground beef
- Cheese: aside from cheddar, try Monterey Jack, Swiss, mozzarella, fontina, pepper jack, feta
- Veggies: (add extra cooked veggies or serve on the side) mushrooms, bell peppers, onions, kale, spinach, broccoli
Here are a few ideas of sides to serve with your scrambled eggs:
- Fruit: These are great served with any fruit, like sliced oranges, bananas, cantaloupe, grapes, pineapple, strawberries, and/or blueberries. It would also go great with a simple fruit salad.
- Bread: Add a simple piece of toast, a blueberry muffin, a slice of banana bread, or zucchini bread.
- Salad: If you want to enjoy this dish for lunch or dinner, serve it with a small green salad on the side. For a green salad, simply toss mixed greens with lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Feel free to add toppings to your salad such as red onion, cherry tomatoes, avocado, or croutons. This simple kale salad would also be perfect.
Learn how to make 3 of my favorite ‘hidden cauliflower’ rice recipes (including this scramble) in the video below!
Thanks so much for reading! If you make this recipe I would love for you to give it a ★ rating below. And be sure to follow me on YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook for more healthy food inspiration. Cheers!
Scrambled Eggs with Cauliflower Rice
- 3/4 cup cauliflower rice
- 1/2 cup liquid egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- Pinch of turmeric
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp shredded cheddar cheese
- Cooking spray
- If using frozen cauliflower, be sure to defrost your rice before cooking. Heat a small non-stick skillet over medium low heat and spray with non-aerosol cooking spray. Add cauliflower rice and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and turmeric. Toss everything together and cook until the cauliflower is warmed through (just a couple of minutes).
- Whisk together eggs and egg whites, pour over cauliflower. Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring periodically to create a scramble.
- Once the eggs are just about set through, sprinkle cheese over the top and pop on a lid and cook until the cheese is just melted.
- Serve with whole grain toast, fresh fruit or enjoy on it’s own!