This healthy blueberry crisp recipe is the perfect summertime dessert! An easy gluten-free and vegan recipe loaded with fresh blueberries, rolled oats, and almonds! You will find yourself turning to this all summer long.
Fruit crisps are one of my favorite types of dessert. I love apple crisp, mango crisp, rhubarb crisp, you name it! But if I had to pick a favorite, it’s blueberry crisp!
Blueberries just scream summer! They’re plump, sweet, fresh, juicy and so perfect baked into a blueberry crisp.
This easy dessert comes together in no time and is perfect for all of your summer bbq’s and cookouts.
Gluten-Free Blueberry Crisp
Fruit crisps are very easy to enjoy gluten-free. The combination of gluten-free rolled oats, almond flour, chopped almonds, coconut oil and maple syrup create the perfect crisp topping, sans the gluten!
It’s a simple summer dessert that works for so many dietary apporoaches.
Not only is this blueberry crisp gluten-free, it’s vegan as well!
Can I use frozen blueberries?
Technically, yes. Frozen blueberries will work just fine and be super tasty. However, fresh is always best (in my humble opinion).
It’s not that fresh berries are healthier, they just taste a little more delicious!
More Easy Summer Sweets:
Thanks so much for reading! If you make this recipe I would love for you to give it a ★ rating below.
Be sure to follow me on YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, and FaceBook for more easy, healthy food inspiration!
Healthy Blueberry Crisp (Gluten-Free Recipe!)
- 5-6 cups blueberries
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour*
- 3/4 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup roasted almonds, chopped
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coocnut oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350 Fahrenheit.
- Place blueberries in a 9×9 baking dish. Add in lemon zest, lemon juice, and tapioca flour. Gently toss together.
- In a separate bowl combine; rolled oats, almond flour, chopped almonds, maple syrup, coconut oil, cinnamon, and salt. Mix together until everything is well incorporated.
- Distribute the crisp topping over the blueberries covering the surface of the pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the blueberries are hot and bubbly.
- Serve with your favorite ice-cream and enjoy it!
- Tapioca flour is a natural thickener. If you don’t have any on hand, you can sub in cornstarch or arrowroot.
- You can prepare this crisp ahead of time and store it in the fridge for up to 24 hours. Once ready to bake, bring to room temperature before baking.
- This crisp is delicious when served warm with vanilla ice-cream. If you want to keep the recipe 100% vegan, be sure to buy dairy-free ice-cream.
I don’t have roasted almonds on hand, can I roast my regular almonds or is there another sub? I have walnuts or almond slivers.
i was soooo looking forward to this, I prepared everything as written in the recipe. I just didn’t like that much crunchiness on top of the blueberry, It seemed like it needed to be more sweeter also. Next time I’ll try either chopping the almonds a little more or doing a pastry crumble topping
Thank you Ms.Dani for everything you do, sharing all this absolute clean and deleshness! This blueberry crisp was the perfect recipe I was looking for and making it made my family and me all very happy!!
From a fellow faithful fan of you
Leanne J Alexandres says
Hi Dani- Thank you for all your great recipes! Loved this Blueberry Crisp recipe! Can I make it just the same way only using apples?
I haven’t tried BUT I bet you can!
I am oil free and it was still great and eaten by the family and enjoyed.Thanks
Hi! This recipe looks delicious,
Can I use frozen blueberries?
Yes! That should work.
Julie Christy says
I just made this recipe, delicious!! The only substitutions or omissions I made were – no lemon zest, no roasted almonds ( as I did not have these). I substituted avocado oil for coconut oil. Turned out great, very yummy. Pinning this recipe!
Marge Teilhaber says
1/4C of unsweetened applesauce instead of 1/4C coconut oil????