I just LOVE a kale salad and as far as I’m concerned, they are welcome on every table for any holiday or non holiday meal.
This beauty is packed with kale + pecans + pomegranate + sunflower seeds + feta cheese, which = a seriously delicious party on your plate that would happen to perfect for the holidays.
It also works brilliantly as a light lunch or dinner, so no need to wait for the party to whip this one up.
Winter Salad (with Kale and Pomegranate)
- 8 cups of kale washed, stemmed and cut into thin ribbons
- 1/2 cup roasted pecans chopped
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds 1 medium pomegranate
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds roasted and salted
- 2 ounces feta cheese crumbled
- 1/2 small red onion diced
- 1 cove crushed garlic optional
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl combine the kale, pecans, pomegranate seeds, sunflower seeds and feta cheese. Set aside while you make the dressing.
- In a small spouted cup or bowl combine onion, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper. Mix well and adjust the seasonings.
- Drizzle dressing over the salad and gently toss together. Serve and enjoy!