Banana oatmeal energy bars are made with just 5-ingredients and make a delicious, quick and easy breakfast. They’re also great pre- or post-workout and lovely with a cup of coffee in the afternoon.
The Clean & Delicious family loves bananas and oatmeal! My most popular recipes include this dynamic duo. For example, my banana bake oatmeal, 3-ingredient banana oatmeal cookies, banana oatmeal pancakes, and banana oatmeal muffin cups are all community favorites.
This makes sense since bananas and oatmeal are such a tasty combination. Add peanut butter to the mix and suddenly things got even tastier!
How To Make 5-Ingredient Energy Bars
This recipe is super easy to make! It’s free of refined flours and sugars and is 100% plant-based (no eggs, no dairy!).
Here’s all you need to do:
- Mash the bananas with the back of a fork in a large bowl.
- Add in oats, peanut butter, walnuts, and chocolate chips. I also like to add cinnamon and vanilla for extra flavor (if you have it on hand).
- Mix until everything is combined and you have a nice thick batter.
- Transfer to a greased quarter sheet pan and bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
- Cool completely, slice, and enjoy!
Are Banana Oatmeal Energy Bars Healthy?
Banana oatmeal energy bars are made up of simple, wholesome ingredients and have a great balance of carbohydrates, proteins, and fats.
The combination of oatmeal, banana, and peanut butter is super satisfying and keeps you satiated for hours.
These bars make a great breakfast or workout snack and are great for long car rides. I especially love packing them for an afternoon hike or bike ride with my family.
More Clean & Delicious Energy Bars + Bites:
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
- Matcha Protein Bites
- Chocolate Hemp Brownie Bites
- Carrot Cake Energy Balls
5-Ingredient Banana Oatmeal Energy Bars
- 3 large ripe bananas, 14-16 ounces
- 2 cups rolled oats, gluten free
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter, all natural
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chocolate chip*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F and grease a quarter sheet pan with cooking spray or coconut oil.
- Place bananas in a large bowl and mash with the back of a fork until they are broken down.
- Add oats, peanut butter, chopped walnuts, chocolate chips, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Stir everything together until all of the ingredients are well combined and you have a nice thick batter.
- Transfer the batter onto the prepared baking sheet and pat done until it's pushed into the corners, along the sides and even on top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until they are fragrant, lightly browned on top and set through.
- Cool completely. Slice into 16 bars by making one vertical slice and seven horizontal. Enjoy!