Are you looking for some easy grab-and-go breakfasts ideas? If so, these Baked Apple Oatmeal Cups may be just what you need.
Think of these as a bowl of oatmeal on the go. Or as a bowl of oatmeal in muffin form!
They dense, chewy muffins are super easy to trow together and taste extra delicious with a schmear or peanut butter or cream cheese.
Try making them when you do your meal prep and then storing them in an airtight container (in the fridge) for those busy weekday mornings!
Baked Apple Oatmeal Cups
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup organic buttermilk you can sub any milk you prefer
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup applesauce I used cinnamon applesauce
- 1 large apple chopped (1 heaping cup)
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 12-count muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray or coat with coconut oil and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine oats, baking powder, cinnamon, buttermilk, eggs, and applesauce. Mix together until everything is well incorporated.
- Add in chopped apple and raisins and gently toss until they are evenly distributed throughout the batter.
- Divide batter amongst all 12 muffin cups and pop in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until they have set though and are golden brown on top. Cool and enjoy.
*I like to store these in an airtight container and keep them in the fridge. They will last a good week stored this way.