This baked chicken with onions and garlic is a very simple, one-pan, meal that is perfect for a no fuss weeknight dinner and can easily be prepared ahead of time.
It doesn’t even need any side dishes because you’ve got everything you need for a well balanced, nutritious meal all in this one pan.
The addition of lemon keeps it nice and bright making this a chicken dish that would work any time of the year.
So check out the video and let me know what you think.
Baked Chicken With Potatoes & Onions
Yield: Serves 4-6
Prep Time:15 minuts
Cook Time:50 minutes
Total Time:1 hour 5 minutes
- 1 cut-up chicken (3 to 3 1/2 pounds), should be 8 pieces and breasts halved crosswise
- 1 pound small potatoes, halved (quartered if large)
- 1 large onion, cut into eighths
- 1 head garlic, cloves separated and left unpeeled
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, finely minced (you need about 1 tsp.)
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and ground pepper
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Arrange chicken skin side up, potatoes, onions, garlic, and lemon in a 12x16-inch, glass, roasting pan.
Season chicken and veggies with rosemary, salt and pepper.
Whisk together oil, vinegar and a little salt and pepper and drizzle over the chicken and veggies.
Cook for 50 minutes or until the chicken is browned and cooked through. Enjoy!
Nutrients per 1/6th of the recipe: Calories: 285; Total Fat: 20g; Saturated Fat: 4.3g; Cholesterol: 53mg; Carbohydrate: 14.8g; Dietary Fiber: 1.8g; Sugars: 4.2g; Protein: 14g