This baked chicken with onions and garlic is a very simple, one-pan, meal that is perfect for a no fuss weeknight dinner and can easily be prepared ahead of time.
It doesn’t even need any side dishes because you’ve got everything you need for a well balanced, nutritious meal all in this one pan.
The addition of lemon keeps it nice and bright making this a chicken dish that would work any time of the year.
So check out the video and let me know what you think.
Baked Chicken With Potatoes & Onions
- 1 cut-up chicken 3 to 3 1/2 pounds, should be 8 pieces and breasts halved crosswise
- 1 pound small potatoes halved (quartered if large)
- 1 large onion cut into eighths
- 1 head garlic cloves separated and left unpeeled
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary finely minced (you need about 1 tsp.)
- 1 lemon quartered
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Arrange chicken skin side up, potatoes, onions, garlic, and lemon in a 12x16-inch, glass, roasting pan.
- Season chicken and veggies with rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Whisk together oil, vinegar and a little salt and pepper and drizzle over the chicken and veggies.
- Cook for 50 minutes or until the chicken is browned and cooked through. Enjoy!
- Serves 6.