Scroll down to watch the step-by-step video.
Remember that sweet, smokey, tangy, BBQ sauce from last week? Well, this is how I used it!
And it’s so easy.
2lbs. of chicken breast + 1.5 cups of BBQ Sauce + a crockpot* = crazy deliciousness.
Why does anyone feel the need to make healthy, home cooking difficult when it can really be just this easy?!
This chicken is perfect for your meal prep day. Make it on the weekend and you can have it in your fridge ready to go for the entire week.
Here are some of my favorite ways to eat it:
- 1/2 roasted sweet potato + bbq chicken + shredded cheese
- romaine + corn + black beans + bbq chicken (easy peasy!)
- whole wheat tortilla + spinach + bbq chicken + slaw (I demo this in the video below).
- soft corn tortillas + chopped onion & cilantro + bbq chicken
… and that’s just to name a few.
It’s also great for a crowd!
You can watch the step-by-step video below and let me know if you give this a try.
*If you are looking for a good crockpot, I love mine. I received it as gift when I first moved to New Jersey and I would buy it again in a heartbeat. It’ the 6-quart Hamilton Beach Stay-or-Go Crockpot. It has clips to hold the lid on, so if I want to bring it along to a friends house or a potluck, it’s super easy to travel with.
Slow Cooked Shredded BBQ Chicken
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1.5 cup homemade bbq sauce or any bbq sauce you have
- Place chicken in a single layer on the bottom of your crockpot.
- Pour over the chicken, being sure that all of the chicken is coated with the sauce.
- Set your heat to high and cook for 3.5 hours.
- Carefully remove the chicken breasts and shred apart using two forks (this will be very easy to do).
- Place the chicken back in the crockpot and cook for another 30 minute. Serve with extra bbq sauce and enjoy!!