Scroll down to watch the step-by-step video.
If you like sweet, smokey, tangy BBQ Sauce with just a kiss of heat then this recipe is for you.
With less then half the sugar of store bought brands this is honestly the very best bbq sauce I have ever tasted. And if you’ve never made bbq sauce from scratch you may be surprised at just how easy it is.
Simply combine all the ingredients in a pot, whisk together, and cook for 20 minutes. That’s all it takes to enjoy your very own, Clean & Delicious homemade bbq sauce.
*Note: When we made the video for this recipe I forgot to add the Worcestershire sauce. The bbq sauce still tasted delicious but technically, 3 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce is a part of this recipe.
Homemade BBQ Sauce
- 1 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 molasses
- 3 tbsp. Worcestershire
- 1 tsp. chipotle powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- A pinch of cayenne pepper add more or less depending on how much kick you like
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- Whisk all ingredients together in a medium saucepan. Bring to a low boil, then reduce heat to medium low and simmer (uncovered) for 20 minutes, or until the sauce has slightly thickened.