Who’s says you need artificial colors or food dyes to make a fun and festive red, white and blue dish for 4th of July weekend?
I pulled my inspiration from nature and went with red, white, and purple potatoes to make this beautiful salad that gets its bright, clean flavor from fresh summer herbs.
I love that this salad is mayo-free because you don’t have to worry about serving it outdoors at a BBQ. And don’t worry, the hard-boiled eggs add a nice creamy texture to this salad so you won’t be missing the mayo one bit.
Some of my favorite tools to use when making this salad:
Watch the step-by-step video below!
Red, White & Blue Potato Salad
- 2 lbs. of small potatoes red, yellow, and purple, sliced in half
- 4 hard boiled eggs chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 table spoon chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoon chopped dill
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Place potatoes in a 5-quart pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil, reduce down to a simmer and cook for 8-10 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender. Drain and set aside.
- While your potatoes are cooking, make the dressing by combining all go the ingredients in a small spouted glass or mason jar. Mix and set aside.
- Add your cooled potatoes to a large bowl and toss in the eggs, onions, and herbs. Drizzle the dressing over the top and mix everything together. Serve and enjoy!