This healthy vegetable frittata is packed with roasted vegetables and is super easy to make. It’s a great recipe to add to your Easter or Mother’s Day menu and is equally perfect for meal prep.
A vegetable frittata is close to the perfect meal. It’s loaded with veggies, packed with protein and healthy fats, and works well for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
For this recipe, I am using zucchini, peppers, and onions but feel free to switch up the veggies, and use whatever you have on hand.
What Type of Pan Should You Use?
Frittatas are very easy going and can be made in a variety of different pans. You can use a cast iron skillet, large saute pan, muffin cups or a baking pan (like I have here).
Each pan will create a delicious vegetable frittata, so use what you have on hand or prefer. You will need to adjust the cooking time, depending on the pan you use. I cooked my vegetable frittata in a 9×13 baking dish and it took about 30 minutes. You will know your frittata is done when the eggs puff up and the center is set.
If you use a cast iron skillet or saute pan, the cooking time will be similar (although you of course want to keep an eye on it) and if you opt for muffin cups, they should be done in about 20 minutes.
How To Roast Your Veggies
- Start by chopping all the veggies into fairly uniform size pieces
- Next, add the veggies to a bowl
- Drizzle with avocado oil and season with salt and pepper
- Toss the veggies together to coat with the seasonings
- Dump the veggies onto a rimmed baking sheet and spread them out
- Roast for 30 minutes, flipping them half way through.
How To Cook Your Healthy Vegetable Frittata
- Grease your pan with butter, coconut oil or cooking spray.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- Add roasted veggies to the egg mixture and stir to combine.
- Transfer into prepared pan and top with dots of goats cheese and sliced scallions.
- Pop in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and Enjoy!
More Delicious Frittata Recipes
- Salmon and Dill Frittata
- Quinoa and Butternut Squash Frittata
- Asparagus and Swiss Frittata
- Summer Squash Frittata
Eat Your Frittata with These Recipes
- Apple Chicken Sausage
- Lemon Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins
- Arugula Salad
- Chocolate Chip Scones
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Healthy Vegetable Frittata Recipe
- 1 red onion chopped
- 2 bell peppers chopped (one red, one orange)
- 1 yellow bell pepper chopped
- 1 small zucchini chopped
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 12 pastured eggs
- 1/4 cup whole milk organic
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a 913 baking pan with butter, coconut oil or cooking spray.
- Place chopped onion, peppers, zucchini, garlic in a large bowl. Drizzle with avocado oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss everything together and transfer the veggies onto a rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, flipping the vegetables half way through.
- Remove veggies from the oven and allow to cool. Reduce cooking temperature to 350 degrees farenheit.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- Add cooled veggies to the egg mixture and transfer into prepared pan and top with dots of goats cheese and sliced scallions.
- Pop in the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until the eggs have puffed up and are set through the center. Serve and enjoy!