Beet salad with arugula and walnuts makes an easy, beautiful and delicious side salad or main meal. You can roast or steam the beets ahead of time or take a short cut by buying them pre-steamed at the grocery store.
Beet salad with arugula has been a favorite of mine for years. I almost always buy my arugula pre-washed, so I have it on hand ready to go. And recently, I’ve been buying my beets pre-cooked from the grocery store.
You can often find pre-steamed beets in the produce section of the grocery store. It’s a great way to enjoy beets when you don’t have the extra time to make them from scratch.
How To Make Beet and Arugula Salad
This beet and arugula salad is surprisingly easy to make. I start by piling a bunch of arugula into a large bowl and then top with steamed (or roasted) beets, walnuts, dried cranberries and feta cheese.
Be sure not to dress this salad until you are ready to eat it. Arugula is a delicate green and can wilt if you dress the salad too early.
If you wanted to make this salad ahead of time, you can store the dressing in an airtight container (a mason jar would be perfect) so everything is ready to go when you are.
How To Make Balsamic Vinaigrette
Making a delicious balsamic vinaigrette dressing is easy to do and only calls for four ingredients (not including salt and pepper).
All you need is; 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, 1 teaspoon dijon mustard, 1 clove crushed garlic, salt and pepper.
You may not need to use all the dressing for the salad, so be sure to store the extra in an airtight container. This balsamic vinaigrette works on al types of salads, so having some extra on hand is super convenient for busy weekdays.
More Simple Clean & Delicious Salad Ideas
- Raw Zucchini + Tomato Salad
- Artichoke, Asparagus + Green Bean Salad
- Caesar Salad with Roasted Chickpeas
- Black Bean, Corn + Avocado Salad
Beet and Arugula Salad
- 6 cups of arugula 5 ounces
- 6 small COOKED beets 9 ounces, halved and sliced
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 4 ounces goat cheese divided
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine arugula, beets, walnuts, cranberries and goat cheese.
- In a small spouted cup or mason jar, combine extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, dijon mustard, garlic, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Drizzle dressing over the salad and gently toss together. Adjust seasonings, serve and enjoy!