You’ve heard me talk about ‘head-start ingredients’ before and know how much I love my ‘pre-preppin’ and this salad is the perfect example of why!
Remember those Simply Steamed Beets from earlier in in the week ? Well just take a look at how they came back for a quick weekday lunch and stole the show!
Adding some simply steamed beets to a simple Arugula and Goat Cheese Salad elevates this meal to the next level.
I am willing to toss some arugula and goat cheese with vinegar and olive oil for a weekday lunch but I would not be so willing to take the time to steam, peel, and season the beets.
Having the beets in the fridge and ready to go makes all the difference in the world and gives this salad center stage credentials.
Beet and Arugula Salad
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time:0 minutes
Total Time:10 minutes
- 6 cups of arugula (5 ounces)
- 6 small COOKED beets (9 ounces), halved and sliced
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 4 ounces goat cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine arugula, beets, walnuts, cranberries and goat cheese.
- In a small spouted cup or mason jar, combine extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, dijon mustard, garlic, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Drizzle dressing over the salad and gently toss together. Adjust seasonings, serve and enjoy!
NUTRIENTS PER SERVING: Calories 310 | Total Fat 23.7g | Saturated Fat 4.6g | Cholesterol 6mg | Sodium 232mg | Carbohydrate 20.5g | Dietary Fiber 3.7g | Sugars 16g | Protein 6.7g*