Scroll down to watch the video!
Mother’s Day is quickly approaching and I have brunch on the brain.
Frittatas are one of my favorite go-to brunch recipes because you do everything ahead of time and serve it up hot, cold, or room temperature (room temperature is actually my favorite).
You can make frittatas 101 different ways, so I encourage you to use this recipe as a base and then sub in whatever veggies look the most delicious and your favorite kind of cheese.
But for those of you who just want to go, ‘tried and true’, make this recipe exactly as it is written and I promise you will have a light, flavorful, frittata that is sure to please everyone at the table.
I plan to round out my brunch table with a simple arugula salad, fruit salad, and my whole wheat chocolate chip scones (recipe coming Friday).
What do you plan to have on your table? You know I want to know 🙂
Easy Asparagus Frittata
- 1 lb. asparagus
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of egg whites
- 1 tbsp. 2% milk
- 3 oz. shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tbsp. Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre heat oven to 350.
- Trim asparagus and cut into 1-inch pieces on the bias (aka on a diagonal) and steam for 3-4 minutes in the microwave.
- In a large bowl combine egg, egg whites, Swiss cheese, Parmesan cheese, milk and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat butter in a 12-inch skillet and add onion. Saut the onion for 5 minute or until it’s fragrant and translucent. Stir in the asparagus and season with salt and pepper.
- Turn off the heat and pour egg mixture into the pan with the veggies. Pop the pan into the oven for 18-20 minutes or until just cooked through. Cool and enjoy!