Banana oatmeal pancakes are a healthy, satisfying, family-friendly breakfast. These fluffy pancakes are gluten-free, sugar-free, dairy-free and absolutely delicious. An easy-to-make pancake recipe made with real, simple ingredients!
This banana oatmeal pancake recipe is as easy as it gets. Simply blend all of the ingredients in your blender until you have a nice, thick pancake batter and cook away. Easy peasy!
There’s no flour, no butter, and no added sugar, so these pancakes are perfect for just about everyone (Unless you don’t like bananas! Then you may want to try my banana-free oatmeal pancakes!).
Are Banana Oatmeal Pancakes Healthy?
Health means different things to different people. For me, healthy food is about eating real, whole foods, most of the time. So yes! These banana oatmeal pancakes are about as healthy as a pancake gets.
I like to think of these pancakes as a bowl of oatmeal in pancake form. It’s one of the most delicious ways to eat your oatmeal; blended with bananas and egg whites. And if you really want to elevate this breakfast, top your pancakes with a fat schmear of homemade almond butter (store-bought works as well!).
Oooh! And if you like peanut butter with your banana, be sure to check out my peanut butter and banana power pancakes as well.
Ingredients For Banana Oatmeal Pancakes
The ingredients for this oat pancake recipe are all super simple and probably items you already have in your kitchen. The ingredients are also all nutritious, so you can feel good about serving these pancakes to your family.
- Ripe bananas – Since ripe bananas are the only true sweetener in this recipe, the riper the better!
- Egg whites – Egg whites add fluffiness to this gluten-free pancake recipe. Feel free to use 2 eggs instead of the egg whites.
- Rolled oats – They wouldn’t be oatmeal pancakes without the oats! Oats are technically a gluten-free food, but they can be processed with the same equipment that gluten foods are processed with, so if you definitely need gluten-free, look for a certified gluten-free option.
- Cinnamon – Can’t go wrong with a dash of ground cinnamon.
- Baking powder – Baking powder is the way to go for fluffy pancakes! You’ll need 1 teaspoon.
- Salt – just a pinch to bring the flavors together.
- Optional – add your favorite mix-ins like chopped walnuts or maybe some chocolate chips!
- Coconut oil – for cooking the pancakes. Feel free to swap this with cooking spray or a different oil.
How To Make Banana Oatmeal Pancakes
These banana oatmeal pancakes are incredibly easy to make and come together in just about 10 minutes.
- Place bananas, egg whites, oats, cinnamon, baking powder and salt into a blender.
- Blend until you have a nice thick pancake batter.
- Stir in your favorite pancake add-ins. I went with walnuts but chocolate chips or blueberries would be delish.
- Cook for two minutes on each side or until golden brown and set through.
- Serve with your favorite pancake toppings.
- Eat and enjoy!
Tips For Pancake Success
These pancakes could not be easier to make, but here are a few tips so that they are perfect every time!
- Old-fashioned rolled oats work best in this recipe. Quick-cooking oats will work in a pinch. Do NOT use steel-cut oats.
- The riper the banana, the sweeter the oat pancakes will be, naturally. Over-ripe bananas are awesome! Whenever you have bananas about to go bad, don’t throw them out! Peel them and put them in a baggie in your freezer until you want to use them for muffins, bread, or energy bars. When you need them, take them out of the freezer and let them sit out for a bit or microwave them for about 45 seconds.
- The pancakes are ready to flip when the edges are set and you see little bubbles on the surface of the pancakes.
- Place cooked pancakes in a 200ºF oven to keep them warm, while cooking the rest of the pancakes.
Pancake Add-ins & Toppings
Feel free to get creative and add in any favorite ingredients! Toss berries, chocolate chips, sprinkles and/or nuts into the batter!
Another great way to change up your pancakes is with a variety of different tasty pancake toppings.
I like to serve banana oat pancakes with banana slices, almond butter and a drizzle of maple syrup. You can also go all out and add toppings like caramel sauce, fresh berries, whipped cream, chocolate chips and/or chopped nuts.
How To Freeze Banana Oatmeal Pancakes
I love making these pancakes on the weekend when I am doing my meal prep. I often make a double or triple batch so I can freeze the pancakes for the next few weeks.
Once you’ve cooked your pancakes, let them cool to room temperature. You want all of the steam to be gone, so you are not left with wet pancakes.
Place pancakes on a rimmed baking sheet, lined with parchment paper and pop in the freezer for one hour. Transfer to a freezer bag and store in the freezer for up to one month.
When you are ready to eat your pancakes, you can either pop them in the microwave for a minute or two (times vary depending on the microwave) or place them in your toaster oven until heated through.
More Healthy Pancake Recipes:
- Almond Flour Pancakes
- Grain-Free Banana Pancakes
- High Protein Blueberry Pancakes
- Peanut Butter + Banana Power Pancake
- Best Vegan Pancakes
Banana Oatmeal Pancakes
- 2 ripe bananas (about 10 ounces)
- 1 cup egg whites or 2 eggs
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch of kosher salt
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Combine banana, egg whites, oatmeal, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt in the blender.
- Blend ingredients until you have a nice thick batter. Stir in walnuts or any other add-ins you like. Blueberries, pecans, and chocolate chips are some of my other favorites.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat and lightly coat it with coconut oil. Pour pancake batter in the pan to form small-medium sized pancakes. Cook for two minutes or until small bubbles begins to form on the top. Flip and cook for another two minutes or until golden brown and set through. Repeat until you have used all the batter. You should end up with 9 pancakes.
- Serve with your favorite pancake toppings and enjoy!