Scroll down to watch the step-by-step video.
Homemade almond butter is easier then you may think (it was definitely easier then I thought!).
Literally, all you need to do is pop some almonds into a food processor and blend. It does take some time though (anywhere between 15-25 minutes) and you will need to periodically scrape down the sides.
I have found that warming the almonds first, helps them to break down a bit faster, but it’s not 100% necessary.
Watch the video below for the step-by-step, plus all of my extra tips and tricks to end up with a smooth and creamy homemade almond butter.
Have you ever made a homemade nut butter before? Which nut is your favorite?
[youtube width=”820″ height=”461″]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr3vcPUcjs4[/youtube]
Homemade Almond Butter Recipe
- 16 ounces raw almonds (3 cups)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt optional
- Pre heat oven to 250.
- Place almonds on a rimmed baking sheet and warm in the oven for 12-15 minutes. If you want a roasted flavor, leave the almonds in the oven a little longer until they are warm and golden brown. *note: you can skip this step but I find the warm almonds turn into almond butter faster then room temperature almonds, so I prefer to start with them warm.
- Place warmed almonds into your food processor and pulse a few times until the almonds have begun to break down. Then let the processor run, stopping whenever you need to scrape the almonds off the sides of the processor.
- Once the old release from the almonds it will become very smooth and creamy. This is what you are looking for. Be patient, it can take anywhere between 15-25 minutes.