Banana Bread is a constant favorite in our house. Actually, we get excited about banana ANYthing and always have at least half a dozen bananas on the counter on any given day.
This bread uses lots of bananas (the recipe calls for 12 ounces ISH but honestly, the more banana the better) and only one cup of white whole wheat flour which is what creates a super moist bread with lots of banana flavor.
We like to bake it in this 9×9 ceramic dish but you can also use a loaf pan, you may just need to cook it for an extra 5 minutes or so.
If you want to create a bit of an icing for this bread, mix a couple drops of stevia (or a tablespoon or two of maple syrup) with some plain greek yogurt and a few dashes of cinnamon. It’s super yummy and makes it even more delicious.
Best Healthy Banana Bread
- 3 medium brown bananas about 12 ounces
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar or turbinado sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Pre-heat oven to 325 F
- Place bananas in a large bowl and mash with the back of a fork until they are all broken down.
- Add in the coconut oil, white whole wheat flour, coconut sugar, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Stir until everything is just combined.
- Transfer into an 88 baking dish lined with parchment paper or coated with cooking spray.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until set through.
- Cool, cut into 9 squares + enjoy.