Almond flour pancakes are grain-free, gluten-free and seriously delicious. My family loves eating these paleo-friendly pancakes topped with bananas and maple syrup.
These almond flour pancakes are light, fluffy, moist, and absolutely addictive. The natural sweet flavor from the almonds creates a delicious base and the healthy fats help to keep you satiated for hours.
Grain + Gluten-Free Almond Flour Pancakes
The secret to making your almond flour pancakes light and fluffy, is using a combination of almond flour and tapioca flour.
I’ve partnered with my friends at Bob’s Red Mill (again!) because they are my favorite and offer a huge variety of high quality whole grains and flour alternatives to satisfy all types of dietary approaches. They make non-traditional recipes, like this one, super easy to make. That’s why they are my go-to brand for healthy baking and pancake making.
Best of all, the Bob’s Red Mill team is offering everyone in the C&D Fam a special discount code that you can use for 20% OFF any and all of their products!
Limited Time Bob’s Red Mill DISCOUNT Code
Visit the Bob’s Red Mill online store and use the code “CLEAN20” at checkout for 20% OFF your entire order—anytime between now and April 30, 2019!
Grain + Gluten Free Flour
Almond flour and tapioca flour are both grain and gluten free.
Almond flour is made from blanched almonds that have been ground up into a fine meal. It’s a naturally gluten free, low carb flour which is why we often see it used in paleo recipes or grain free baking.
Tapioca flour is a starchy, slightly sweet flour that comes from the cassava plant, and it works really well as a thickener. I love adding it to grain free batters like these pancakes.
It may seem like a bother to to use two flours to make your pancakes, but I promise that the results are well worth the effort.
How To Make Almond Flour Pancakes
- Combine almond flour, tapioca flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk almond milk, egg, maple syrup and vanilla extract in a separate bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and gently stir until everything has come together.
- Heat a medium non-stick skillet over a medium heat and coat with butter or coconut oil.
- Scoop 1/4 cup pancake batter and pour into the pan to form a small to medium sized pancake.
- Cook until the edges begin to puff and the bottom is golden brown. Flip and cook until cooked through.
- Serve with your favorite pancake toppings! I love bananas and maple syrup with these.
More C&D Pancake Recipes To Enjoy:
- Coconut Flour Pancakes
- Fluffy Vegan Pancakes
- High-Protein Blueberry Pancakes
- Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Almond Flour Pancakes
Yield: 6-8 pancakes
Prep Time:5 minutes
Cook Time:10 minutes
Total Time:15 minutes
- 1 cup almond flour (I like Bob's blanched super fine almond flour)*
- 2 tablespoons tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl combine almond flour, tapioca flour, baking powder and salt. Gently whisk all ingredients together with a fork.
- In a separate bowl or spouted cup combine almond milk, egg, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Whisk everything together and then add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and gently stir until everything has come together.
- Heat a medium non-stick skillet over a medium heat and coat with butter or coconut oil. Scoop 1/4 cup pancake batter and pour into the pan to form a small to medium sized pancake.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the edges begin to puff and the bottom is golden brown. Flip and cook for another two minutes or until cooked through. Repeat until you have worked through all the batter. Serve + enjoy!
NUTRIENTS PER SERVING (1/2 of recipe): Calories 410 | Total Fat 30.4g | Saturated Fat 2.8g | Cholesterol 105mg | Sodium: 328mg | Carbohydrate 27g | Dietary Fiber 6.2g | Sugars 7.9g | Protein 15.1g