This healthy artichoke dip is a blend of cooked collard greens, two types of cheese and artichokes, all baked together to melted cheesy perfection. An easy make-ahead party snack that’s sure to be a crowd pleaser.
I’m a big fan of hot cheesy dips, especially when I’m throwing a party. This healthy artichoke dip with collard greens is the perfect dish to bring to your Super Bowl party or any special occasion.
Artichoke dip is such a classic recipe, and there are so many different ways to serve it! I’ve seen hot artichoke dip, cold dip, dip in a bread bowl; no matter what, it’s always a hit at a party. This cheesy version is my favorite out of the bunch, it tale long to pull together and will be the first thing eaten at your next gathering. It’s a fresh, lighter version then the traditional recipe and I promise no one will know they’re eating clean (unless they want to of course!).
How To Make This Healthy Artichoke Dip
This healthy artichoke dip is a mix of Greek yogurt, light mayo, artichokes, cooked collard greens, shallots, garlic, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese and a dash of hot sauce. All of the ingredients get stirred together and spread into a baking dish. The finishing touch is another layer of cheese. Bake your dip until it’s hot and melted, then serve with your favorite dippers.
The key to making this dip stand out above the rest is the fresh cooked collard greens (you could sub in spinach if you prefer). They are garlicky and tender, so they add great texture and flavor to this creamy dip.
Tips For Healthy Artichoke Dip
- I prefer to use freshly cooked collard greens for this dip. You can use frozen collard greens in a pinch, but be sure to thaw them and drain the water very well before starting the recipe.
- I use a blend of parmesan and mozzarella cheeses to flavor the dip. If you want to change it up, other great options are monterey jack or fontina cheese.
- I love serving this dish with bright colorful veggies like carrots, bell peppers, and cucumbers or/and some organic (non-gmo) tortilla chips.
Make In Advance
You can assemble this dip up to one day before you plan to bake it. Simply store it covered in the fridge until you’re ready to heat it up. You may need to add a few more minutes to the baking time to compensate for starting with a cold dip.
Artichoke Dip Variations
This appetizer is absolutely wonderful as is, but you can add other ingredients into the mix to customize the flavors.
- Spinach: Use an equal amount of spinach to substitute the collard greens.
- Bacon: Add 1/2 cup cooked and crumbled bacon.
- Sun Dried Tomatoes: Add 1/4 cup chopped oil-packed sun dried tomatoes.
- Mushrooms: Add 1/2 cup chopped cooked mushrooms.
Everyone loves a good cheesy appetizer option, and this dip is no exception. Whip up a batch and watch the rave reviews roll in! Be sure to watch the video below for the step-by-step and let me know if you have any questions!
More Party Dips
I’d love to know if you make this (or any) recipe! Tag @clean_and_delicious on Instagram and be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy, delicious recipes straight to your inbox.
Healthy Artichoke Dip with Collard Greens
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots minced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 bunches of collard greens chopped finely (10oz)
- 1-14 oz. can of artichoke hearts in water
- 3/4 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- A dash of hot sauce
- 1 cup part skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 350. Finely chop artichokes heart (I like to use a food processor to get the job done).
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet. Add in shallots and garlic and cook for 5 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add in collard greens and a splash of water. Pop on the lid and simmer for about 5 minutes. Remove lid and continue to cook for a few more minutes or until all the water has evaporated and your greens are tender. Cool greens to room temperature.
- Combine artichokes, cooled greens, yogurt, mayo, Parmesan cheese, and hot sauce in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Transfer to an oven safe dish. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the top and pop into the oven for 20-minutes or until the cheese has melted and everything is heated through.
- Serve with your favorite dippers. Enjoy!