Watch the step-by-step video HERE.
This Clean Eating Taco Dip is yet another Super Bowl recipe that promises to be the star of the show come game day.
My goal with this recipe was NOT to make a low-fat, lightened up version of the original. Instead, I wanted to make a really bright, fresh, clean version that would be just as delicious and not weigh you down; because we all know how we feel after eating the original version of taco dip!
Even the taco seasoning I use to season the meat is made from scratch, so I can promise you that this taco dip is 100% Clean+Delicious.
If you prefer a vegetarian option, no problem, you can easily skip the turkey and add in another can of beans.
Serve this with some non-gmo corn chips and enjoy!
Glass Pyrex Dish: http://amzn.to/1VmZtY7
Clean Eating Taco Dip
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- 2 tbsp. taco seasoning
- 1 14- ounce jar of salsa
- 1 can black beans
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 cup organic sour cream
- 1 heart of romaine shredded
- 1 pint grape tomatoes quartered
- 1 cup of black olives sliced
- 1/2 cup jarred sliced jalapenos
- 1 avocado diced
- Heat a large saut pan over a medium-high heat. Add olive oil and ground turkey and cook for about 5 minutes, breaking up the meat, until the pink is gone and turkey is lightly browned.
- Add in taco seasoning along with cup water and stir until the meat us completely coated in the seasoning. Shut off the heat and allow the turkey to cool down.
- In the meantime, grab a large glass pan (I used a 1113 Pyrex) and spread the salsa evenly over the bottom of the pan.
- Next, layer the ground turkey, beans and onions and then gently spread the sour cream over the top. This can be a little messy, but if you go slowly, its totally doable. Continue layering the lettuce, tomatoes, olives, jalapenos, and avocado.
- Serve with some non-gmo corn chips and enjoy!