Scroll down to watch the step-by-step video.
This version of chicken salad is the most popular chicken salad sold at Whole Foods to date. It has lots of flavor and texture and I just love how the poppy seeds add an extra surprise!
I used Greek yogurt to create that cool and creamy dressing but you could certainly stick to the original and use real mayo OR if you can’t decide, do a 50/50 split.
This salad is by far at it’s best when made with fresh baked chicken breasts but if you’re in a pinch, some store-bought rotisserie chicken will work just fine.
[youtube width=”820″ height=”460″]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwm6BDXqHdM[/youtube]
- 1 heaping cup cooked chicken breast cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans (I like them toasted)
- 3/4 cup green grapes sliced in half
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. poppy seeds
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine everything in a nice big bowl, stir well. Serve and enjoy!