Who says you need mayo or yogurt to create a creamy chicken salad? This easy, flavorful chicken salad gets all of it’s creamy texture from an avocado!
You can certainly stick to classic chicken salad stir-ins, but I couldn’t resist adding some lime, jalapeno, and cilantro (it’s kind of like a guacamole chicken salad).
Try serving this with some corn chips for a light lunch or pile it onto your favorite whole grain bread and enjoy!
PS – to make the most delicious version of this salad, make it with some fresh home baked chicken breasts.
[youtube width=”820″ height=”461″]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwm6BDXqHdM[/youtube]
- 1 heaping cup cooked chicken breast cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 avocado diced
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- 1/2 diced jalapeno remove ribs and seeds
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 2 tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 1-2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add chicken and avocado to a nice big bowl and mix well and use the back of a fork to mash the avocado and the chicken together.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and gently stir until well combined. Adjust seasonings. Serve and enjoy.