Scroll down to watch the video!
The weather is starting to catch up with the calendar around here (hooray!) and I am beyond ready to jump into spring fare.
And along with spring comes asparagus (another hooray!).
I don’t think there’s any veggie that reminds me of spring like asparagus; they just seem to go hand in hand. Therefore, I love incorporating asparagus into all sorts of dishes this time of the year.
Pairing roasted asparagus with light and fluffy quinoa, crunchy red peppers, tangy feta cheese, and fresh, bright lemon results in this amazing salad that would be perfect for your first picnic of the year or simply packed for a lunch at the office.
And if you are looking for some other ways to use your asparagus this time of the year, try some of these recipes as well:
- Asparagus Soup
- Simply Roasted Asparagus
- Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
- Artichoke, Asparagus, & Green Bean Salad
- Asparagus & Lemon Pasta
What are some of your favorite ways to prepare asparagus? Do you have a favorite dish? Let’s chat down in the comments below.
Roasted Asparagus Quinoa Salad W/ Feta Cheese
- 1 lb. asparagus trimmed
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. + 1tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups COOKED quinoa
- 1 red bell pepper seeded, and diced
- 1.5 ounces feta cheese
- Pre heat oven to 400.
- Place trimmed asparagus on a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with 1 teaspoon of olive oil then season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes. Allow to cool and then cut into 1-inch pieces.
- In the meantime, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place cooked quinoa in a large bowl and toss with the lemon dressing. Gently stir in asparagus and red pepper and then top with crumbled feta cheese. Enjoy.
- Makes 4 cups.