This simple quinoa salad is packed with flavor, texture and beautiful colors (everything I want when I am eating a salad).
It makes a delightful meal on it’s own and is also a great side dish to some roasted salmon or ginger soy chicken.
Want to learn more about quinoa?
Looking for some more easy quinoa recipes? Check these out:
- Quinoa Spinach Mango Salad
- Kale Mango Strawberry Salad
- Asparagus Quinoa Salad
- Tomato Basil Quinoa Salad
- Butternut Squash and Quinoa Frittata
Asian Quinoa Salad
Yield: 4-6 servings
Prep Time:20 minutes
Cook Time:0 minutes
Total Time:20 minutes
- 3 cups COOKED quinoa, cooked according to package
- 1 cup chopped red cabbage
- 1 cup cooked edamame
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped radish
- 1/2 cp chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped cashews
- 3 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce, tamari, or
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon nut butter (any will work)
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced scallions
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- In a small bowl or spouted cup combine; soy sauce, sesame oil, lime juice, nut butter, scallions, ginger and garlic.
- Whisk together with a fork until everything is well combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine quinoa, cabbage, edamame, bell pepper, radish, and carrots.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and gently toss everything together. Finish by stirring in the cilantro and cashews. Serve and enjoy!
Nutrients per serving (3/4 cup): Calories: 253; Total Fat: 9.8g; Saturated Fat: 1.4g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium 344mg, Carbohydrate: 31.1g; Dietary Fiber: 6g; Sugars: 5g; Protein: 11.2g