Keeping healthy ingredients on hand is half the battle when it comes to making eating well easy and sustainable. I’ll show you the 10 pantry essentials I always keep on hand to help me make simple, healthy, delicious meals all week long. Be sure to pick staples that you and your family love when building your pantry, this makes meal time a whole lot easier (and delicious).
Watch what I buy and how I use them
It’s so important to find delicious and nutritious ingredients that you enjoy eating, so you can keep them on hand as your go-to staples during busy weeks.
Be sure to scroll down to see my video and the list of my 10 go-to ingredients. It’s amazing how many meals and snacks can be made when you have these ingredients on hand.
10 PANTRY ESSENTIALS
- Beans (black beans, cannelini, garbanzo + black eyed peas)
- Whole Grains (farro, lentils, rice + quinoa)
- Canned Fish (salmon, tuna, sardines, + anchovies)
- Protein Powder + Collagen Peptides + Collagen Creamer
- Oils (extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil, avocado oil)
- Salt (Kosher, Maldon + red sea salt)
- Broth (low sodium chicken, veggie + beef)
- Oatmeal (rolled oats)
- Vinegar (red wine, balsamic, apple cider + rice wine)
- Canned Soups (lentil, tomato, split pea)
You will (almost) always find these foods in my pantry. I would say 99% of the meals we each week include at least one of these ingredients. Theses are the basics that help to both enhance flavor and create easy meals when we need something quick and healthy.
10 Healthy Meals Using My Pantry Essentials
- Farro + sardine salad
- Escarole + beans
- Black eyed peas + collard greens
- Protein smoothies (vanilla + chocolate faves!)
- Tuna salad
- Salmon salad (just like tuna salad but sub salmon)
- Simple vinaigrette
- Collagen Coffee (blend coffee with cinnamon, coconut milk and collagen creamer)
- Oatmeal topped with bananas and peanut butter
- Kicked up can of soup (simply add leafy greens to your favorite can of soup)
Keeping simple staples (like my 10 pantry essentials) on hand can help make healthy eating easy, enjoyable and sustainable.
More Healthy Eating Inspiration:
I’d love to know if you try this (or any) recipe! Tag @clean_and_delicious on Instagram to let me know and be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy, delicious recipes straight to your inbox.