Kiwis + dark chocolate + a kiss of coconut oil = crazy delicious frozen fruit pops!
They are truly just that easy. Go ahead and see for yourself:)
Dark Chocolate Covered Kiwi Pops
- 3 medium to large kiwis
- 6 ounces dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- popsicle sticks these are the ones I used
- Line a 1/4 baking pan (or plate) with parchment paper and set aside.
- Trim each end off of your kiwis and carefully peel them with a potato peeler. Slice into 1/2 inch rounds (you will get 3-4 slices depending on the size of your kiwi)
- Gently slide one popsicle stick onto each slice of kiwi, making sure to be at least halfway up the kiwi. Place on baking sheet and freeze for a minimum of four hours or until frozen through.
- When you are ready to make your pops, melt your chocolate in the microwave or a double boiler and gently stir in the coconut oil until it has melted in.
- Dip your kiwi into the chocolate, letting the excess chocolate drip off (you will see that it only tales about 20 seconds for the chocolate to set up). Repeat with all the kiwi slices.
- You can either eat your dark chocolate covered kiwi right way or place it back into the freezer until you are ready to enjoy!