Scroll down to watch the step-by-step video.
This version of chicken salad is the most popular chicken salad sold at Whole Foods to date. It has lots of flavor and texture and I just love how the poppy seeds add an extra surprise!
I used Greek yogurt to create that cool and creamy dressing but you could certainly stick to the original and use real mayo OR if you can’t decide, do a 50/50 split.
This salad is by far at it’s best when made with fresh baked chicken breasts but if you’re in a pinch, some store-bought rotisserie chicken will work just fine.
Sonoma Chicken Salad
Yield: Makes 2 cups
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 heaping cup cooked chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, (I like them toasted)
- 3/4 cup green grapes, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. poppy seeds
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine everything in a nice big bowl, stir well. Serve and enjoy!
Nutrients for half the recipe (about 1 cup): Calories: 320; Total Fat: 15.2g; Carbohydrate: 18.5g; Fiber: 3g Sugars: 12.6g; Protein: 29g