I LOVE peanut butter and am so excited to show you how-to make peanut butter at home with no added oil or sugar. Homemade peanut butter takes just 5 minutes to make in your food processor and is super easy to do. So simple and so fun!
If you love peanut butter as much as I do, get ready to be excited. Homemade peanut butter is even easier to make than homemade almond butter and is undoubtedly better than store bought.
I mean don’t get me wrong, store bought peanut butter can be delicious but only YOU can add the secret ingredient of LOVE when you make it home.
I seriously can’t wait to show you how to do this.
How To Make Homemade Peanut Butter
Prepare yourself for simple deliciousness at it’s best.
- Place unsalted, roasted peanuts to a food processor. I try to buy organic whenever I can find them.
- Turn the food processor on and let it run for a couple of minutes or until the peanut butter looks like a thick paste.
- Add salt and let it go for another minute or so, or until the peanut butter is smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to an air tight container and store in the fridge (or in a cool dry place). Enjoy!
Homemade Peanut Butter Tips + Tricks
While it would be very difficult to mess this recipe up, when learning how-to make peanut butter, there are a few helpful tips to keep in mind.
- Use roasted peanuts instead of raw. Roasted peanuts have a deeper richer flavor and create a smooth creamy butter. I like to buy them roasted but if needed, you can roast them yourself.
- If you need to roast the peanuts, lay the peanuts on a rimmed baking sheet and cook for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees farenheit.
- Buy organic peanuts if possible. It can be tricky to find organic peanuts, but whenever I do, I buy them. This ensures a good high quality nut butter.
Now that you know how to homemade peanut butter, I can’t wait for you to give it a go!
If you like basic how-to’s like this, be sure to subscribe to my youtube channel as well (it’s free!) and jam packed with hundreds of step-by-step video like the one below.
DELICIOUS WAYS TO ENJOY YOUR NUT BUTTER
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
- The BEST Oatmeal Recipe
- Peanut Butter + Jelly Energy Bites
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
Thanks so much for reading! You can watch the video down below and if you make this recipe I would love for you to give it a ★ rating below. And be sure to follow me on YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram and FaceBook for more healthy food inspiration!
How-To Make Peanut Butter (without oil or sugar!)
- 16 ounces roasted peanuts, unsalted
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Pour the peanuts into your food processor and pop on the lid.
- Turn the food processor on and blend for about 4 minutes. You will notice the peanuts first become thick and crumbly, possibly turn into a ball and then begin to turn into a thick smooth paste.
- Remove the lid and add in salt and blend for another 30-60 seconds or util the peanut butter is creamy and shiny.
- Transfer to an airtight container and store in the fridge for months (or in a cool dry place for a couple of weeks.