Creamy Greek Yogurt Blue Cheese Dressing is thick, tangy and loaded with chunks of pungent blue cheese. This recipe is easy to make with Greek yogurt, milk, mayonnaise, white wine vinegar, garlic and blue cheese crumbles. It’s incredibly delicious on salads or as a dip for buffalo wings and more. Blue cheese lovers, this one’s for you!
Healthy Greek Yogurt Blue Cheese Dressing
Vinaigrettes have always been my go-to salad dressing. If you’re a long time reader, you’ve probably heard me rave about my balsamic vinaigrette, which is the perfect finishing touch for almost every salad, sweet or savory.
But every now and again you need a change of flavors, and this Greek yogurt blue cheese dressing is it! I’m pretty sure it’s the BEST blue cheese dressing ever! It’s perfectly tangy, creamy and flavorful. It’s so delicious on a big Cobb salad with grilled steak or chicken, hard-boiled egg, avocado, bacon and tomatoes. And it’s also delightful on a simple wedge of iceberg, steakhouse style, with tomatoes, blue cheese, bacon and chives.
Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing
If you’ve purchased blue cheese dressing from the store, you’ve probably noticed the lack of actual cheese mixed in it. You might wind up with a few tiny pieces on your salad. Such a bummer! With this homemade blue cheese dressing recipe, feel free to add as much or as little blue cheese crumbles as you like. I say, go ahead and load it up!
Homemade dressing is just so much better than store-bought dressing. If you haven’t tried making your own dressing yet, please give it a try. It’s really very easy and it’s better for you (no additives!), more economical, and way fresher tasting.
This easy blue cheese dressing recipe has just 6 simple ingredients (plus salt & pepper), but is packed with so much delicious flavor. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Greek yogurt & mayonnaise – These two ingredients provide the creamy texture of this dressing. For a low-calorie version, use nonfat Greek yogurt.
- Blue cheese crumbles – The star of the dressing! Crumble your own or buy pre-crumbled and feel free to add as much or as little as you like.
- Garlic – Adds fresh flavor to the dressing.
- White wine vinegar – The vinegar adds a little tang. You could also use red wine vinegar or another favorite vinegar.
- Milk – Adding a small amount of milk gives the dressing the right consistency. I typically use 2%, but you can really use any variety of milk you prefer.
- Salt & Pepper – To bring out all of the delicious flavor.
How to Make Greek Yogurt Blue Cheese Dressing
This blue cheese dressing could not be easier to make at home. There’s simply no need for store-bought salad dressings when you have one as tasty as this! In my opinion, homemade dressings are the way to go because they always taste so much fresher, plus you get complete control over the ingredients. Just follow a few simple steps to make this homemade blue cheese dressing recipe. Scroll down to the recipe card for the full printable recipe.
- Mix together ingredients. In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, mayo, blue cheese, garlic, white wine vinegar, salt and pepper. Mix together, mashing the blue cheese into the mixture as you go. Slowly stir in the milk. Mix well.
- Taste. Taste and add any additional ingredients, like more salt and pepper, as needed.
- Store. All done! The flavors will develop the longer it sits. Store the dressing in an airtight container, in the refrigerator, for one to two weeks.
Customize This Recipe
Like any salad dressing recipe, you can experiment with the ingredients and make the dressing to your taste. That’s one of the advantages to making salad dressing from scratch. You can add as much blue cheese as you like. Omit the garlic, or use shallot instead, or another fresh herb of your choice. Swap out the yogurt and use sour cream. You could also try adding 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and/or a different type of vinegar. The options are pretty much endless!
This creamy, flavorful salad dressing is great on most any green salad, from a simple romaine salad to a chopped BBQ salad. And if you’re serving buffalo wings, buffalo cauliflower bites or buffalo chicken lettuce cups, you definitely need this blue cheese dressing! I also love to drizzle it on sandwiches, wraps and burgers.
Storing Homemade Dressing
Homemade blue cheese dressing can last up to about one to two weeks in the refrigerator. You can use a leftover salad dressing bottle or mason jar for storage. Before each use, give the dressing a good shake to blend the ingredients. Be sure not to leave the dressing out longer than 2 hours at room temperature. It contains a few dairy products that are perishable and can spoil quickly.
More Homemade Dressing Recipes
Thanks so much for reading! If you make this recipe I would love for you to give it a ★ rating below. And be sure to follow me on YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook for more healthy food inspiration. Cheers!
Greek Yogurt Blue Cheese Dressing
- 3/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2.5 ounces blue cheese crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 fat cloves garlic crushed (or 1-2 teaspoons garlic powder)
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup 2% milk*
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, mayo, blue cheese, garlic, white wine vinegar, salt and pepper. Mix together, mashing the blue cheese into the mixture as you go.
- Slowly stir in the milk. Mix well.
- Store in an airtight container and chill. Serve and enjoy!