Did you know that just three tablespoons of hemp seeds have nearly 10 grams of protein? Which is why these little gems make for a great plant based, protein packed smoothie (move over protein powders, we’ve got a new kid on the block!).
For this smoothie, I added a few tablespoons of hemp seeds in place of protein powder and was super excited with the results. Rich, creamy, cold and delicious (and 100% plant based and vegan!).
Remember, whenever you are making a smoothie, ALWAYS use frozen fruit. The result? A rich, creamy, smoothie that won’t get watered down with a bunch of ice.
Want to learn more about hemp seeds?
Looking for more hemp recipes? Check these out:
Want more smoothie inspiration? I’ve got you covered there as well!
- Clean Eating Sweet Green Smoothie
- Vegan Chocolate Almond Butter + Banana Smoothie
- Pineapple Banana Smoothie
- Strawberry Vanilla Smoothie
- Frozen Spinach Pops (for Smoothies!)
*Thank you to Bob’s Red Mill for partnering with me on my Hemp 101 series.
Hemp Berry Smoothie
- 1 cup frozen berries any type you like
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 cup of coconut milk or any milk you prefer
- 3 tablespoon hemp seeds
- water as needed
- Combine all ingredients into a blender and blend until you have a thick, creamy smoothie. Add water to thin out as needed.Pour and enjoy!