These pumpkin pie bars are the perfect healthy dessert for an autumn gathering. Made with pumpkin puree, coconut flour, maple syrup, and warm, cozy spices they’re gluten-free, grain-free, and oh so delicious!
If you like pumpkin pie, you will love the convenience of these pumpkin pie bars studded with chocolate chips. They have a light, custard-like texture just like pie but can be cut into squares just like a brownie.
They are perfect for dessert and equally delicious as a grab-n-go breakfast or afternoon snack with your favorite cup of coffee (pumpkin latte anyone?).
How To Make Healthy Pumpkin Pie Bars
You can call this recipe a healthy dessert bar or even a healthy breakfast bar! Both names work and trust me, these pumpkin bars are way easier than making a pie.
Like most of my baking recipes, this is a one-bowl, dump-and-stir dessert.
Here’s all you need:
- Coconut flour
- Pumpkin puree
- Maple syrup
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Baking soda
- Chocolate chips
Everything gets mixed together and then transferred into an 8×8, greased baking dish.
Bake for 45 minutes at 350 ºF, chill and enjoy!
It’s really just that easy!
Like this recipe? Here are other pumpkin recipes to try:
- Mini Pumpkin Pies
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffin Cups
- Paleo Pumpkin Muffins
- Pumpkin Black Bean Soup
- Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies
If you make this pumpkin baked oatmeal, be sure to leave a comment and star rating below letting me know how it turned out. Your feedback is so helpful for me and our Clean & Delicious community.
Healthy Pumpkin Pie Bars
- 15 ounce can of pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 `cup chocolate chips*
- Pre heat oven to 350ºF.
- Grease and 8×8 baking dish with coconut oil, butter or cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine; coconut flour, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, vanilla extract, almond milk, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Transfer batter to prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until set thorugh and lightly golden brown on top.
- Cool completely and refrigerator for a minimum of egt hours before cutting into nine pieces. Enjoy!
- Be sure to buy dairy-free chocolate chips of you need the recipe to be 100% dairy-free.
- For a more cake-like texture, swap the coconut flour with 1 cup of oat flour and eliminate the almond milk. I love this version for breakfast.
- Be sure to store these bars in the refrigerator. They are best when eaten cold.
- Experiment with different stir-ins. Dried cranberries, shredded coconut, pecans, and walnuts would all be delicious!