These double chocolate avocado brownies have rich, chocolate flavor with a lite, fudge-like, almost custardy texture.
Swapping avocado for the butter traditionally used in brownie recipes, yields a lighter brownie that happens to also offer a great dose of healthy fats.
And have no fear, you absolutely cannot taste the avocado.
I like adding a sprinkle of chocolate chips over the top for a double dose of chocolate goodness.
Try adding these avocado brownies to lunch boxes or enjoy them as a late afternoon snack with a cup of coffee. They also freeze well, so they are a perfect addition to your weekend meal prep.
Double Chocolate Avocado Brownies
- 1 large avocado
- 1/2 cup mashed banana or apple sauce
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease an 88 baking dish.
- In a food processor or blender, combine;avocado, banana, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Transfer to a large bowl and add in eggs, coconut flour, cocoa powder, sea salt, and baking soda and mix with a hand blender until combined.
- Pour mixture into the greased baking dish and sprinkle chocolate chips over the top.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until set through.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting. Cut into 9 squares and enjoy.