These hearty and delicious Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies are a rather delightful way to enjoy a simple breakfast on the days you just want to keep things extra easy (and seasonal).
They are gluten free, dairy free, and egg free so they are great for all different types of dietary approaches. Plus, they are super forgiving, so feel free to tweak where needed to make them work for you.
I adore them with a cup of coffee in both the morning and the afternoon and my kids love them tucked into lunch boxes and as an afternoon snack.
Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cups ground flax seeds
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips make sure to buy dairy free if you want to keep recipe vegan
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher sea salt
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with a silat mat, parchment paper or lightly coat with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients and gently stir until you have a thick, sticky batter.
- Scoop a heaping tablespoon of the batter into your hands free form your cookie. They dont spread much in the oven so make sure you have created a round flat disc-like cookie shape (see video for example).
- Get 12 cookies on your tray and bake for 15 minutes. Cool and enjoy!
- Cookies will last up to one week stored in an airtight container in the fridge.