If you are looking for the most perfect holiday dessert these mini pumpkin pies may be exactly what you are searching for.
I have been experimenting with pumpkin pie recipes for years and this is the first one I’ve actually wanted to share with you (it’s just that good!).
The crust is made of a mixture of pecans and shredded coconut which pairs so well with the pumpkin filling and won’t have you wrestling with pastry dough in your kitchen (am I the only one who has a love-hate relationship with pastry dough?!).
The fact that this recipe is gluten free and dairy free is just an added bonus because they are so insanely good you would never stop to notice.
Oh, and be sure to top with some whipped cream (make that coconut whipped cream if you want to keep this recipe dairy free) and an extra dash of cinnamon before serving.
Mini Pumpkin Pies
Yield: Makes 16 mini pies
Prep Time:25 minutes
Cook Time:30 minutes
Total Time:55 minutes
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree (2 cups)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk cream (scoop the cream from the top of the can)
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup
- 2 eggs + 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1.5 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher sea salt (this is my favorite)
- 2 cups raw pecans
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350 Fº
- In a food processor combine; pecans and coconut and pulse back and forth until they have broken down. You want to have a consistency similar to sand that sticks together when pinched between your fingers. Be careful not to over mix or you will end up with nut butter.
- Add in the maple syrup, coconut oil and sea salt. Pulse again until everything is well combined.
- Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cup cake liners (you can use paper or silicon liners) + 4 cups of a second pan (or work in batches since the recipe makes 16 mini in total).
- Divide the nut mixture as evenly as possible amongst all sixteen cups and then use your fingers to pat them down in each cup to form a crust for each mini pie. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine pumpkin puree, coconut milk/cream, maple syrup, eggs, egg yolk, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract and sea salt.
- Use a hand mixer to mix until everything is well combined.
- Dived the filling as evenly as possible amongst all 16 muffin cups.
- Pop into the oven for 30 minutes or until set thorough. Cool completely and then transfer into an airtight container and refrigerate for a minimum of 6 hours.
*OPTIONAL (but recommended!) Serve topped with whipped cream and an extra dash of cinnamon (use coconut whipped cream to keep this recipe dairy free).
NUTRIENTS PER SERVING: Calories 160 | Total Fat 13.3g | Saturated Fat 5.3g | Cholesterol 43mg | Sodium 47mg | Carbohydrate 9.3g | Dietary Fiber 2g | Sugars 5g | Protein 2.5g