If you like ooey-gooey chocolate chip cookies, you are going to LOVE these Chocolate Chip Brownie Bars.
Using a combination of cashew butter, maple syrup, chia seeds and coconut flour these bars are free of all refined flours and sugars and are, dare I say, better then a traditional cookie (or cookie bar!).
I love packing them into lunch boxes but they are also perfect to bring along to a picnic or a cookout!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- 1 cup of creamy cashew butter or any nut butter you have on hand
- 1 tablespoon ground chia seeds*
- 3 tablespoons filtered water
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips be sure to get dairy free if vegan
- Pre-Heat oven to 350
- Grease an 88 baking dish with cooking spray or coconut oil. Set aside.
- Combine chia seeds and water in a small bowl and allow to sit for 5 minutes until it thickens up and has a gel like texture.
- In a large bowl combine; cashew butter, chia egg mixture, maple syrup, coconut flour, vanilla extract, baking soda, and kosher salt. Mix until everything is well combined.
- Sprinkle in chocolate chips and gently mix until they are evenly distributed through out the batter.
- Transfer batter to greased baking dish and gently pat the batter into the pan to even it out.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the cookie bars are set up and lightly browned.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into 9 squares. Enjoy