This gluten free carrot cake is the best! Moist, fluffy and deliciously spiced! It’s so easy to make from scratch with wholesome, clean eating ingredients. The perfect healthy treat for Easter, Mother’s Day or an ordinary weekday!
I’m not trying to brag, but I am telling you, this gluten-free carrot cake is the BEST – I feel the same way about my carrot cake oatmeal muffins, but I’ll save that for another day!
Up until today, my banana bread has always been my favorite (although it’s not gluten-free), but we now have competition, my friends, because this recipe is just that good.
It’s moist. It’s fluffy. And you would never know that it’s free of grains and refined sugars.
What Flour Should You Use
The secret to gluten and grain free baking is all about the flour.
I have discovered that the combination of almond flour, coconut flour, and tapioca flour, creates a moist and delicious base for breads and cakes.
I have tried to avoid this truth by making baked goods with just one of these three flours, and while sometimes this works out, the taste and texture that can be achieved by using a combination of all three is unbeatable.
How To Make Gluten Free Carrot Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350º.
- Grease an 8×8-inch baking dish with coconut oil.
- Grate carrots using the large holes on a box grater.
- Toss almond flour, coconut flour, tapioca flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and all spice together.
- Combine eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Whisk until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well.
- Transfer batter to greased pan and pop in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Cool and add the icing (if using). Enjoy!
- This cake can be made 1-2 days ahead of time and it will still be wonderful!
- You can grate the carrots in a food processor with the grated blade, or you can use a hand grater.
- Feel free to make this cake without the nuts and raisins, if you’re not a fan of one or both.
- Wait until the cake cools completely before adding the icing. Once it is frosted, I recommend storing the carrot cake in the fridge for optimal freshness.
- If you’re not into frostings or if you don’t have the ingredients on hand, try the cake as-is without any frosting at all. Or, sift a little bit of powdered sugar on top.
You will love this incredibly moist and easy gluten free carrot cake recipe with ultra-creamy cream cheese frosting. It’s simple to make from scratch with wholesome ingredients and tastes incredible! Perfect for any celebratory occasions or an ordinary weekday!
More Gluten Free Baked Goodies
- Blueberry Lemon Muffins
- Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chunky Monkey Muffins
Thanks so much for reading! You can watch the video down below and if you make this recipe I would love for you to give it a ★ rating below. And be sure to follow me on YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram and FaceBook for more healthy food inspiration!
Gluten Free Carrot Cake
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon all spice
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
For the icing
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup whipped cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Grease an 8x8" baking dish with coconut oil, butter, or cooking spray.
- Grate carrots using the large holes on a box grater, set aside.
- In a large bowl combine almond flour, coconut flour, tapioca flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and all spice. Gently toss everything together.
- In a separate bowl combine eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Whisk until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until all of the ingredients are just incorporated.
- Stir in raisins, carrots and walnuts.
- Transfer batter to greased pan and pop in the oven for 30 minutes or until cooked through. Cool completely.
For the icing
- Combine yogurt, cream cheese and maple syrup in a medium sized bowl and mix well with a hand mixer. Be sure to get out all the lumps and bumps, mixing until you have a smooth creamy icing.
- Spoon over the top of the cooled carrot cake and spread into an even layer.
- Serve and enjoy!