This gluten-free carrot cake is moist, fluffy and perfectly spiced! This recipe is perfect for Easter or any other time of the year you just want to enjoy some delicious carrot cake.
I’m not trying to brag, but I am telling you, this gluten-free carrot cake is the BEST!
Up until today, my banana bread has always been my favorite (although it’s not gluten free), but we now have competition my friends, because this recipe is just that good.
It’s moist. It’s fluffy. And you would never know that it’s free of grains and refined sugars.
What Flour Should You Use
The secret to gluten and grain free baking is all about the flour.
I have discovered that the combination of almond flour, coconut flour, and tapioca flour, creates a moist and delicious base for breads and cakes.
I have tried to avoid this truth by making baked goods with just one of these three flours, and while sometimes this works out, the taste and texture that can be achieved by using a combination of all three is unbeatable.
So I’ve partnered with my friends at Bob’s Red Mill (again!) because they are my favorite and offer a huge variety of high quality whole grains and flour alternatives to satisfy all types of dietary approaches. They make non-traditional recipes, like this one, super easy to make. That’s why they are my go-to brand for healthy baking and pancake making.
And to help you stock your pantry (without overwhelm!) Bob’s Red Mill team is offering everyone in the C&D Fam a special discount code that you can use for 20% OFF any and all of their products!
Limited Time Bob’s Red Mill DISCOUNT Code
Visit the Bob’s Red Mill online store and use the code “CLEAN20” at checkout for 20% OFF your entire order—anytime between now and April 30, 2019!
How To Make Gluten Free Carrot Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350º
- Grease a 8×8 baking dish with coconut oil
- Grate carrots using the large holes on a box grater
- Toss almond flour, coconut flour, tapioca flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and all spice together
- Combine eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Whisk until well combined
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well
- Transfer batter to greased pan and pop in the oven for 30 minutes
- Cool and enjoy (or add the icing and enjoy)
More Gluten Free Baked Goodies
Gluten Free Carrot Cake
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 th teaspoon all spice
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 whipped cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Grease a 88 baking dish with coconut oil, butter, or cooking spray.
- Grate carrots using the large holes on a box grater, set aside.
- In a large bowl combine almond flour, coconut flour, tapioca flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and all spice. Gently toss everything together.
- In a separate bowl combine eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Whisk until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until all of the ingredients are just incorporated..
- Transfer batter to greased pan and pop in the oven for 30 minutes or until cooked through. Cool completely.
- Combine yogurt, cream cheese and maple syrup in a medium sized bowl and mix well with a hand mixer. Be sure to get out all the lumps and bumps, mixing until you have a smooth creamy icing.
- Spoon over the top of the cooled carrot cake and spread into an even layer.
- Serve and enjoy!