Yogurt with Granola, Apples & Peanut Butter is an easy, healthy breakfast made in just minutes. You can easily customize your bowl by adding your favorite topping (honey, fruit, chia seeds, nuts, etc!) — there are so many possibilities. A delicious, nutritious, protein-packed way to start your day.
Yogurt with granola, apples, and peanut butter is an easy, healthy breakfast (or snack!) that starts with thick and creamy Greek yogurt topped with homemade granola and chopped apples. Finish with a drizzle of peanut butter, and a sprinkle of chia seeds, for a clean and delicious, no-cook meal that is ready in just 2 minutes.
If you need a quick, yet healthy breakfast option in the morning or a filling snack during the day, this yogurt with granola recipe is your solution! It’s so important to start your day with a healthy, protein-packed breakfast (this bowl has 24 grams of protein!) that keeps you feeling fueled and satisfied until lunch. Want to add even more protein? Stir in a scoop of your favorite protein powder as well!
HEALTHY EATING TIP: Plan for busy mornings by having super easy meal options on hand ready to go. Some of my favorite no-cook, assembly-only breakfast ideas include 5-Minute Cottage Cheese Bowls, Overnight Oats, and Chia Pudding.
You only need a handful of ingredients to make this yogurt with granola recipe. While you can buy store-bought granola, I love to meal prep some low-sugar homemade granola beforehand. Here’s everything you’ll need:
- Greek yogurt: Choose the yogurt you like best. We typically use Greek yogurt because it adds a boost of protein and has a thick, rich, and creamy texture.
- Chopped apple: Bites of juicy apple with the crunchy granola and creamy yogurt taste SO wonderful, you’re going to want this on repeat!
- Granola: We love this homemade granola! It’s easy to make, healthier than most store-bought varieties and keeps fresh for up to 3 months.
- Peanut butter: Adds nutty flavor and healthy fats. Feel free to use another type of nut butter, or make homemade peanut butter!
- Toppings: Optional, but highly recommend – drizzle some honey or maple syrup over the top for extra sweetness. We also like to add a sprinkle of chia seeds, ground flax, or hemp seeds for extra nutrition and texture.
How to make this recipe
Simple ingredients lead to the simple preparation of delicious yogurt, granola, and fruit bowls! Grab a large cup or small bowl and layer all of the ingredients to create an amazing taste and texture of smooth and creamy yogurt with apple flavor and granola crunch. A total party in your mouth! Here’s how:
- Granola: If using store-bought granola, look for low-sugar options. We like the brands Purely Elizabeth (original), Back to Nature has a low sugar variety, and Wildway grain-free granola.
- More protein: Want to increase the protein even more, you can stir in your favorite protein powder.
- Take your yogurt on the go: Layer the ingredients in a cup or mason jar, similar to how we store mango overnight oats. This makes it easy to hold and everything stays in place.
- Cottage cheese: Make these exact bowls using cottage cheese instead of Greek yogurt! You can blend it so it has a smooth consistency, or leave it as-is with the curds.
Customize your yogurt parfait, so it’s just the way you like it! There are so many different combinations of fruits, yogurt, granola, and even toppings to try. The possibilities are endless! Here are some suggestions:
- Fruit: Change up the fruit, and try sliced bananas, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, chunks of pineapple, or mango.
- Yogurt: I love using plain, low-fat Greek yogurt because it’s rich, creamy, and packed with protein. If preferred, you can change the flavor by using vanilla or other flavored yogurts – just be sure to look for low-sugar options.
- Chocolate: Add a little decadence with a sprinkle of mini chocolate chips.
- Nuts: Stir in chopped pecans, walnuts, almonds, or peanuts for a sweet and salty taste.
- Toppings: Shredded coconut adds flavor and a different texture.
Make ahead recommendations
This yogurt with granola only takes about 2 minutes to make on a busy day. Have your ingredients divided out and ready to layer, if you want to save even more time.
Yogurt bowls are best made just before enjoying but you can prep these a day in advance. Chop the apple the night before and store it in an airtight container in the fridge (separate from the yogurt). Have your other toppings handy and ready to go, then all you have to do is simply add the ingredients to the yogurt.
More healthy breakfast recipes
- Savory Oatmeal
- Chocolate Chia Overnight Oats
- Spinach Oat Pancakes
- Scrambled Eggs with Cauliflower Rice
- Protein French Toast
- 5-Minute Oatmeal Breakfast Smoothie
Thanks so much for reading! If you make this recipe I would love for you to give it a ★ rating below. And be sure to follow me on YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook for more healthy food inspiration. Cheers!
Yogurt with Granola, Apples & Peanut Butter
- 3/4 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup chopped apple
- 1/3 cup low-sugar granola*
- 1 tbsp natural peanut butter
- chia, flax or hemp seeds
- honey or maple syrup
- In a small bowl, add the Greek yogurt.
- Top with apple, granola, and peanut butter. Enjoy!
- I love using my stovetop granola for this recipe!
- Yogurt bowls are best made just before enjoying but you can prep these a day in advance.
- Chop the apple the night before and store it in an airtight container in the fridge (separate from the yogurt). Have your other toppings handy and ready to go, then all you have to do is simply add the ingredients to the yogurt.