Have you tried overnight oats yet? I know they’re not a new trend but if you’re anything like me, it may take you a while to actually try something you’ve seen 1000x on Pinterest.
I find them to be perfect for warm summer mornings, especially when they’re topped with fresh seasonal berries.
Anything that can; 1. be made ahead of time, 2. is nutritious and 3. tastes delicious, gets the green light in my recipe book. And overnight oats cover all three!
Kids also love overnight oats, I think it may because they ultimately taste like pudding, and what kid doesn’t love pudding? Plus the combination of fresh berries and peanut butter remind me of a peanut butter and jelly sammie, so if you (or your kids) are a PB+J lovers, this recipe is for you.
Try making these oats on the weekend so you have them ready to go for your busy week.
Note: This recipe was a part of my Strawberry 3x video. You can watch video below.
Peanut Butter + Strawberry Overnight Oats
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 3-4 drops of liquid stevia
- 2 tbsp. all natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup chopped strawberries
- Combine all of the ingredients in a medium bowl, mixing until everything is well incorporated (be sure to stir in that peanut butter to be sure it mixes through all off the oats).
- Divide evenly between two 6 ounce mason jars (or whatever airtight container you have on hand) and top each with 1/4 cup of chopped strawberries.
- Pop on the lid and place in the fridge for a minimum of 3 hours and preferably overnight until your oats are cold and creamy.