This simple noodle bowl has become a fast family favorite in our house.
I like that it incorporates quality protein, leafy greens and whole grains all into one bowl.
My kids like that it’s made with noodles (is it just me or do kids LOVE noodles?).
This dish is one of three recipes I made with No Yolks Noodles in the video below (this recipe starts at the 4 minute mark). If you like noodle recipes like this one, be sure to check out my Short Cut Chicken Noodle Soup + my Veggie Packed Noodle Salad.
Lentil Kale + Whole Grain Noodle Bowl
Yield: Serves 4
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time:20 minutes
Total Time:30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups cooked lentils
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 8 ounces NO YOLK Whole Grain Noodles
- 4 cups thinly sliced kale
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil in a large sauce pan before adding in onion. Cook for about 5 minutes or until the onions are tender and translucent.
- Add in garlic, cumin and lentils. Gently mix together and season with salt and pepper. Next, add the veggie broth and let everything simmer until heated through.
- In the meantime, cook your noodles according to the package directions and drain.
- Place kale on the bottom of the pot and then pour hot noodles over the kale. Top with the lentil mixture and mix everything together. Finish with parmesan cheese and enjoy!