Watch the step-by-step video HERE.
Oh, Escarole and Beans.
If you’ve never tried them together, you really must.
So simple and yet so insanely delicious.
Don’t you just love meals like that? Easy and delicious. What could be better?
Oh. Wait! I know…
Easy. Delicious. + Nutritious.
Escarole and Beans
Yield: Serves 4
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time:20 minutes
Total Time:30 minutes
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 lb. escarole, washed and chopped
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1-15 ounce can Canellini beans
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a dutch oven over a medium heat. Add in garlic and red pepper flakes and sauté until fragrant.
- Toss in escarole along with 1/2 cup of broth, 1/2 tsp. dried oregano, salt and pepper. Pop on a lid and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid, pour in the beans (along with the liquid) and the rest of the chicken broth. Simmer for 10 more minutes or until everything is heated through and the flavors had a moment to marry. Taste and adjust your seasonings.
- Spoon into your favorite bowl and top with fresh grated parmesan cheese.