It’s a slight twist on a classic.
Classic hummus is made with chickpeas (aka garbanzo beans) but this version uses lentils instead.
The lentils give the hummus a little more body and a deep, rich, earthy flavor. And while it only takes 5 minutes to make, you have to be sure you have some pre-cooked lentils on hand.
It also just so happens to be vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, dairy-free, low in carbs, and packed with protein. It’s a clean eaters dream boat.
Try serving this along side some fresh fish or chicken, shmeared in a veggie wrap, or along side some fresh cut veggies and pita.
Want to learn more about preparing lentils? Check out my Lentils 101.
And if you love hummus, check out some of my other Clean+Delicious favorites:
CLEAN EATING LENTIL HUMMUS VIDEO
Clean Eating Lentil Hummus
- 2 cups COOKED brown lentils
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1-2 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. water
- Fat pinch kosher salt
- Handful of fresh chopped parsley optional
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and blend for one minute or until everything is well combined.
- Serve topped with an extra drizzle of olive oil and a handful of fresh parsley. Enjoy!
- Makes 2 cups of hummus.