This recipe for easy Turkey Zucchini Skillet is full of ground turkey and vegetables, all simmered together for the perfect family friendly dinner option. This dish is quick, easy and always gets rave reviews. Are you looking for a super simple, healthy meal that can be quickly made on busy weeknights? This is it!
Okay, so I’ve been fairly addicted to “skillet” meals lately, it’s just one of the easiest ways to get good food on the table fast. Which is exactly what we will be needing once the kids are back in school and after school activities are back in effect.
This particular recipe was one of those, “hungry-for-dinner-with-no-plans-in-mind” meals. I came home on a Tuesday, opened the fridge and just pulled out what I had on hand.
I served this turkey zucchini dish over some spaghetti squash but it would also work with rice, pasta or even a side of some fresh-baked sourdough bread from your favorite bakery. Yum!
How To Make This Turkey Zucchini Skillet Dish
This one pan meal starts with onions and garlic, which is sautéed in a large skillet. Then ground turkey is browned and mixed with the onions and garlic. Next, zucchini, oregano, salt & pepper, and tomatoes are added to the mix. Give everything a good stir and simmer for 15-30 minutes, depending on how soft you like your zucchini. Serve over a bed of spaghetti squash (or pasta, rice, cauliflower rice, etc) and top with some red pepper flakes and Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
Tips For Turkey Zucchini Skillet
- As always, use this recipe as a guide and adapt it to whatever you have hanging around in your fridge. You can use broccoli florets instead of zucchini, add in sliced mushrooms and/or add in a handful of fresh baby spinach. This skillet meal is so easy to customize!
- I use lean ground turkey, but feel free to use your favorite ground meat. Bison, chicken and/or beef are all great choices.
- While I typically serve the turkey zucchini mixture over spaghetti squash, it’s great over pasta, rice, quinoa and cauliflower rice.
- You will love this dish served as-is, but it’s also delicious with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese on top.
I cannot get enough of this Turkey Zucchini Skillet, my family loves it and I’m sure your family will enjoy it too!
I’d love to know if you make this (or any) recipe! Tag @clean_and_delicious on Instagram and be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy, delicious recipes straight to your inbox.
More Skillet Meals You May Enjoy:
- Unstuffed Pepper Skillet
- Cast Iron Chicken Thighs
- Spaghetti Squash Skillet
- Black Bean + Sweet Potato Skillet
Turkey and Zucchini Skillet Recipe | Easy Weeknight Dinner Idea
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 4-5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 zucchini, cut into quarters then chopped
- 2 15 ounce cans of diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- optional toppings - Parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat and add oil. Once the olive oil is hot, stir in onions and garlic along with a pinch of salt. Let them cook for 2 minutes or until onions are fragrant and beginning to look translucent.
- Push all the veggies to one side of the pan and then using a wooden or rubber spatula, stir in ground turkey and break into small pieces. Season the turkey with salt and pepper.
- Once the turkey has lost its pink color, begin to combine the ground turkey with the onions and garlic.
- Add in zucchini, oregano, a little more salt and pepper, and tomatoes. Give it a good mix and allow everything to simmer for 15-30 minutes, depending on how soft you like your zucchini.
- Serve over a bed of spaghetti squash (or pasta, rice, cauliflower rice, etc) and top with some red pepper flakes and Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!