Okay, so I’ve been fairly addicted to “skillet” meals lately, it’s just one of the easiest ways to get good food on the table fast. Which is exactly what we will be needing once the kids are back in school and after school activities are back in effect.
This particular recipe was one of those, “hungry-for-dinner-with-no-plans-in-mind” meals. I came home on a Tuesday, opened the fridge and just pulled out what I had on hand.
I served it over some spaghetti squash but it would also work with rice, pasta or even a side of some fresh-baked sourdough bread from your favorite bakery.
As always, use this recipe as a guide and adapt it to whatever you have hanging around in your fridge. #makeitworkforyou
Turkey and Zucchini Skillet Recipe | Easy Weeknight Dinner Idea
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 4-5 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 small-medium zucchini cut into quarters then chopped
- 2-15 ounce cans of diced tomatoes
- 1 heaping tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes *optional toppings