This was a recipe that I (sorta) stole from my sister.
Her recipe uses white pasta and about a half a jar of mayo.
It’s delicious BUT I really wanted to clean it up a bit using ingredients that work better for me and my body-body!
So, as you’ll see, I subbed in some whole grain pasta, added some peas, and used (mostly) greek yogurt for the mayo.
This meal is like a tuna sammie in a bowl and just so happens to be a hit with the toddlers too.
Clean Eating Tuna Pasta Salad
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced celery
- 2 cans of chunk light tuna packed in water and drained
- 3 cups pre-cooked whole grain pasta
- 1 cup frozen peas defrosted
- 2 tbsp mayo
- 1/2 cup fat free plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and combine well. Adjust seasonings a pack in individual containers so you can grab them for lunch all week long.
- Makes 4-6 servings.