Butcher Box is a monthly delivery service that delivers high quality, grass fed meat, pastured chicken and heritage pork right to your door. I LOVE them. They make my life so easy and I highly recommend them, especially if you have a hard time locating quality meats where you live.
I love being surprised with different cuts of meats that inspire me to make new foods, like this 3 lb. center cut pork roast (which sent me straight to my cookbooks to find a recipe).
This recipe is a slight adaptation of NomNom Paleo’s Kaluha Pig recipe.
The only slight changes were that the original recipe called for a 5 lb. pork butt and some bacon (I used my 3 lb. center cut roast and smoked paprika in place of the bacon).
I’m telling you THIS IS THE EASIEST AND MOST DELICIOUS SLOW COOKED PORK RECIPE YOU WILL EVER HAVE (sorry, I felt like I needed to say that part really loud).
These are the only ingredients needed (other than the pork of course!). Hawaiin Alaea sea salt, smoked paprika, and garlic.
The Hawaiin Alaea sea salt is the official salt they use to roast a pig at a luau (how cool is that?! I learned that on NomNom Paleo). If you don’t want to buy another ingredient, no worreis, you can make this recipe using kosher salt and it will still be delicious.
I bought my salt at Whole Foods but you can also grab it on Amazon in case you don’t have time to run to Hawaii! I can’t find the one I used but here is the one NomNom Paleo recommends.
To make this recipe all you have to do is tuck some garlic into the pork, coat with the salt and smoked paprika, and pop it in your slow cooker for 16 hours (I know, kinda of long, but super easy).
For the amount of effort that went into this meal, I can honestly tell you it was ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS.
I served it with some coleslaw + a green salad, but you could certainly serve it with rice or on a sammie or over a salad, etc. So many options!
Slow Cooked Pork Roast
Slow Cooked Pork Roast
- 3 lb. boneless center cut pork roast
- 5 cloves garlic peeled
- 2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoonAlaea Red Hawaiian Coarse Sea Salt you can use Kosher salt if you dont have this but it really is kind of special
- Make 5 small slits in the pork and tuck once piece of garlic in each slit.
- Season the outside of the meat with the smoked paprika and alaea sea salt, coating the outside of the meat on all sides.
- Pop into the slow cooker and cook on low for 16 hours*. I usually set this right before I go to bed at night!
- Remove pork from slow cooker and shred apart. Be careful not to place back into the juice from the slow cooker, because it may make your pork too salty.
- Serve + enjoy!
- I learned from NomNom Paleo that some of the newer slow cookers may cook faster, finishing the meat in 9-12 hours. I cooked mine for the entire 16 hours using this slow cooker.